FDK (shoot the boss game)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:51 am

Ok, here's one lighter on effects and stuff (almost none), no motion blur-nothing.
Should be quite fast and playable on different machines. Fly around and shoot the Boss (see readme for details).

Download
-----------

http://www.2shared.com/file/3690125/82d758ec/FDK.html

(about 2.5Mb zip)

Just a few tips/hints

food always falls toward the middle of the screen so you can wait for it there (use shift to accelerate).

curiosity kills the bison (to your own benefit) :mrgreen:

'touch' the top of the 'windmill' thing so it starts rotating.

if you hear an evil laugh, you have about 1 second to move away from the center of the screen.

Use brakes (space) often to position yourself toward the target.

Zombie rockets cannot be destroyed, colliding with them takes a lot of energy.
Conclusion-kill the zombie pilots (soldiers) ASAP.

Killing birds gets you -10 morale. :wink:

Enjoy
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 am

"An unexpected error occurred and the application was terminated. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please report this bug to the application vendor."

This popps up as soon as I try to run the app, and I hearby report it.

Btw; that screenshot is bitchin.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:06 am

Darnmnmn!! That sounds bad. Hmm..can you try something here? I mean most likely it's not that but maybe putting that mikmod.dll where the game is?
You can find it in ..Scirra\Construct\Plugins\Runtime dir. I've no idea what else, I can play it without any problems, darndarn. Just try this and let me know, I'll check the rest again :(.
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 am

Tried and it did not work. Hope this can be fixed! Finally a game without ps2 and i STILL can't play it!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:51 am

Ok, I went through the game and found out that one shader was not set to Off in case ps2 was not found :oops: . It was actually the one in main menu. So, I've checked the rest, they're all turn off if not supported by hardware so if you can try this version and let me know.
Thanks!

noPS2 version

http://www.2shared.com/file/3690447/3c485cad/FDK.html
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:20 am

Actually, i made a spelling mistake when i was typing "game" (i spelled it like "app"). The menue worked in the first version, it is when i klick play it crashes. it gives some kind of noise too, like if the music starts to play but don't get futurer then "PLUH...". This version works exactly the same.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:02 am

That sounds a little bit better and from the sound of it it's a problem with Mod file which cannot start obviously. I had a bunch of problems with Mods in Construct, up to the point where I've actually removed the first mod which was supposed to play in the menu because I had the exact the same problem that you've described. If you can try to remove the mod from the folder (or delete) and start the game, see if that will fix it?
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:40 am

It works for me, nice game. I was surprised by the music since its not very serious, but its nice and breaks the silence.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:14 am

Nice game, but controls are horrible in my opinion... when im facing up and then i press down it speeds up like race car to the bottom, and rotating is kinda slow. Also u can find dead spots in the game and the boulders (who the hell is throwing them xDDD). Other than that its nice game with very nice music (and graphics).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Nice artwork! Runs fine for me here - but the controls are pretty crazy!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations