Feature: Multi-Layout Editor

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Creating Open-world and Metroidvania style games IS possible in C2. A few devs including myself have already proved that using various methods.

Just putting it out there, I've done it too, the problem was that transitions were garbage and needed either destroyed and creating the same player on every layout or making it global (everyone on the forum, when asked suggested using the destroy/create method :| )

@TiAm

You've basically described Room Objects, but I think that's too similar to our multi-layout idea that was abandoned for lack of implementability. On a similar note, I thought about a "Transition to Layout" Object, you could make it invisible and hide it under a door, and when the player overlaps it you could set an animation to play, but I think that's much too simple to work. Not to mention it would use "pre-rendered cut scenes" instead of live game play and there are ALWAYS problems with that.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 pm

I got a notification that someone posted a new reply on this topic, yet when I came to see it it was gone.

Anyway, @Tokinsom wanna be friends/buddies? lol

The new thread is up and running, go here to find it.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General