Feature Req: Trimming and Collision Polygons

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks @C-7 if this works it will save me much time when creating new levels/worlds... if I am currently saving as a project, wouldn't I be able to save as a folder the next time, then make the changes, then after that switch back to saving as a project?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] Thanks @C-7 if this works it will save me much time when creating new levels/worlds... if I am currently saving as a project, wouldn't I be able to save as a folder the next time, then make the changes, then after that switch back to saving as a project?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can switch back and forth as much as you'd like.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:49 am

@Ashley, @C-7 that worked like a charm. Is there any way we can get this type of option built in? Swap out sprite strips while retaining collision polys? That would stream line things a bit. So now the workflow I have is I created a clone of an already configured sprite. Called the clone PlaceHolder. And now I use place holder to import and trim my sprite strips. Then I save, close construct 2 and copy the sprites from the animations folder for placeholder, and paste them into the animations folder for the sprite that I needed to change out the grahics on.

Works with new sprites as well, clone an existing sprite, rename it, then follow the same procedures to add the new images to it's frames and keep the collision polys.

Thanks for all the help!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am

Dude just use collision tiles..You don't want every single tile checking for collisions anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 am

I don't want to have to create each level twice... if I use collision tiles for every tile, that is basically what I would have to do layout all the tiles twice in each level. I now have a method that works in minutes to swap out complete tile sets. It works fine.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General