[FEATURE REQUEST] 8-Direction behavior

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello, Scirra developer (or everyone else)

I would like to know if it's possible to update the 8-Direction behavior, specifically the "collision-dealing with solid" :

I think the way that 8-Dir resolve collisions with solid (by simply reposition the instance at the previous tick's pos [oldx and oldy]) is very inefficient for most of projects.
In order to improve this, I simply request a short rewriting of the code of the 8-Dir behavior (by adding somme "pushOutSolid" functions at key points).

Thanks.

P.S : I know there is a bypass for the collision problem called "Custom Movement" behavior, but it's just I don't see the interest of using this behavior to make a movement that another behavior is supposed to do.
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Already tried to make it change 8-direction-possible-bug_p881242?#p881242 (don't post on it, it has been closed) sadly, didn't worked out, a shame really.

Anyone annoyed by that too?
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:55 pm

@RubisEtCie have you taken a look at: http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_pushoutsolid.html
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Ok, thanks for your answers.
I'll look forward.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General