[Feature request]- add type writer option to text object

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Yep I know your plugin rex and it's great. I would love those features in the normal text object so everyone could enjoy them.

Since we are talking about styling text; is there a way to replicate something like the stroke layer effect in photoshop for text (= basically an outline around the characters)? I've looked through the standard effects in C2, but have not found one that would emulate that effect (or even do a drop shadow).
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 pm

eli0s wrote:@rexrainbow , as always you rock! I just wish that those functions were somehow more integrated into the basic text object and easily accessible without the need to have a lot of different plugins/behaviors that use their own logic.

I mean some basic formatting within the text object like [b]...[\b] or [size=200]...[\size] or [color=#800000]...[\color] or even [shadow]...[\] would really add some coherence to the workflow (forward slash is inverted for displaying reasons)...

Anyway, I'm glad you are around though!!! Thank you for your amazing work!

+1
eeexagtly
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:11 pm

I made a simple AVG ads on my website using @rexrainbow 's typing behavior and lot's other cool plugins like: typing, scenario, tweentask, function2...

This banner utilizes my dialog box template. It was a interesting module codes for my private project and now published to Scirra Store:
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... module-776
Providence University, lecturer.

Tatung University, lecturer.

Consultant per question: USD$15 / time

Consultant by month: USD$300 / month

Customized project: USD$2500 / capx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:12 pm

jomo wrote:I made a simple AVG ads on my website using @rexrainbow 's typing behavior and lot's other cool plugins like: typing, scenario, tweentask, function2...

http://www.memoryabc.com

This banner utilizes my dialog box template. It was a interesting module codes for my private project and now published to Scirra Store:
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... module-776
Providence University, lecturer.

Tatung University, lecturer.

Consultant per question: USD$15 / time

Consultant by month: USD$300 / month

Customized project: USD$2500 / capx
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:59 pm

eli0s wrote:I mean some basic formatting within the text object like [b]...[\b] or [size=200]...[\size] or [color=#800000]...[\color] or even [shadow]...[\] would really add some coherence to the workflow (forward slash is inverted for displaying reasons)...

I totally agree. Being able to italicize/bold/underline a single word within the text object would be, like, a +255 to Effectiveness.

I have a pretty heavy draw on text objects in my project for a custom dialogue system that currently flows great, but can't do some of these simple formats. As it is right now, later in development, I may have to carve all of it out and replace it with Rex's (R)excellent plugin.

It'd be great if a future update could incorporate these into the Text Object, so +1 to this Feature Request!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:33 pm

@eli0s
@Merlandese

A new color text object with bbcode format is here.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:58 pm

@Rexrainbow Thanks, man! Hours later I have some progress, and it looks like this handles a lot of the issues!

B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:31 am

@rexrainbow OMG! O_o

Thank yououououuou!!!
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous