Feature Request - Condition Logic

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
100 items casual and logic games. All icons are of a high quality.
  • Currently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the only logic you can have within the conditions for an event is AND. For OR logic, you must make a new event.

'A' , 'B' etc are conditions

For example, if 'A' AND 'B'are met, trigger the event.

It is certainly possible to account for any combination of conditions with just AND, but in some cases you may need dozens of identical events with different trigger conditions.

eg.

If 'A' AND 'B' AND ('C' OR 'D' OR 'E')

Currently, this would require 3 separate events, which would be very similar.

An OR option could save a lot of space and time.

Even better, a COUNT option, where a number of sub-conditions could be checked and counted, with a certain number required to trigger the event.

If you wanted

('A' OR 'B') AND 4+ from ('C','D','E','F','G'),

it would currently take 48 separate events, even though it can be expressed quickly in other ways.

I know you could work around this with global variables, but it could get messy and cause performance drops with just a few.

In terms of the event sheet, indents in the conditions would be used to organize the terms, so the main condition would say '3 From (exact, minimum or maximum). Indented below this would be the sub conditions contributing to this count.

Thank you to anyone who bothers to read all this, I made a forum account just to ask, because it seems like a very obvious feature that could be implemented fairly easily.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, thank you. I posted a link there, along with a few other request.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)