[Feature Request] Debug-Only Events/Actions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:27 am

I'm sure some of you are familiar with IDEs that use this, where you can set up a release and a debug version of your project using marked code.

Currently, when I want to create code I use only for debug purposes, I go back and forth between toggling blocks disabled and it becomes a real hassle.

What I would like is the ability to mark events and actions with some sort of marker as so
delete.png
in order to specify whether or not the code will only be active in debug mode only, and left out of any export version.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 am

DatapawWolf wrote:What I would like is the ability to mark events and actions with some sort of marker as so
*image here*
in order to specify whether or not the code will only be active in debug mode only, and left out of any export version.

There is already a condition for this. It is called "Is in preview".
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:47 pm

@Johncw87 Wow, I've never noticed it before, thanks! I would still prefer an editor feature to mark specific events and actions to get even more nitty gritty (since "Is in debug" still requires its own event), so my request still stands, but this helpful.

"Is in debug" would also be useful.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General