[FEATURE REQUEST] export to FTP

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Currently, I export as a HTML5 website, then fire up filezilla, then ftp up the locally exported game to a public test server. I do this a lot.

It would be very handy (but not high priority) to have a "FTP HTML5 web site" option in the C2 exporter to save this step. Dreamweaver for example has this, and I use it constantly.

I could live with only one FTP site being defined at a time, but obviously a fuller solution would be to:

1) allow multiple ftp sites to be setup (dev and test for example).

2) allow passive or active

3) allow non standard ports (I dont use this but someone might)

4) possibly handle SFTP (much more work and dont know how many people use this)

It would be fine to transfer everyting in binary mode.

• I don't want to do this because:

• FTP clients are complicated, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel - Filezilla already exists for that and does it well
    • the FTP protocol is complicated so it would be time consuming to do this
    • even Windows supports FTP, so you can literally drag and drop a folder and it will upload it
  • Currently, I export as a HTML5 website, then fire up filezilla, then ftp up the locally exported game to a public test server. I do this a lot.

Why do you do this a lot ? isn't local preview enough to test your game ?

• I work remotely, and upload 10-20 versions a day so the design teams can see what feature look like, and chose how they want it etc, and so the remote test teams can test new versions.

I agree this would be low priority, unless it turned out more people wanted it. I would much rather have user creatable events!

I dont mind you saying no - just giving feedback. Perhaps version R300...

• There are version control systems that allow easy one-click deployment to FTP. Check out Beanstalk beanstalkapp.com

• nutmix : you can map your distant FTP as a local disk, in Windows.

• I just export to dropbox folder and run the external link.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same with Mipey, though I think you can't do it with newly made dropbox accounts. I can simply export as many version on dropbox and copy the link with right click into the browser. It's much faster than FTP.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)