Feature Request for "Undo & Redo"? Should be easy

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy Isometric
$19.99 USD
EasyIsometric behavior helps creating an “isometric” perspective with 2D assets.
  • [quote:cc0uxr8s]Redid: Edit action

Undid: Edit action

With over 3000 events, it's extremely exhausting trying to figure out where the last 'event' you edited was, especially when the undo list goes into the hundreds, or thousands and several event sheets. Is there any chance at all the developers of C2 could add more information in the status bar than the preceding? A line # and event-sheet would be amazing, but even JUST the event-sheet would be valuable.

Is this something we would have to wait till C3 for, or is it doable sooner than later?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's an interesting idea. Never thought of it before, but it would be useful.

• Agree, that would be useful.

• Saving a bunch of undo's would take up extra memory.

It has to have a limit somewhere.

He could make it save it to a local file, but that would take time to load each time.

Undo/ redo is freakishly hard to get right to begin with, should it remember what was in the image editor, should it remember the redo that you just um undid, etc.?

• Saving a bunch of undo's would take up extra memory.

It has to have a limit somewhere.

He could make it save it to a local file, but that would take time to load each time.

Undo/ redo is freakishly hard to get right to begin with, should it remember what was in the image editor, should it remember the redo that you just um undid, etc.?

Actually, I had an issue that I found out hours after, and had to undo at least 400 changes once. It works fantastic... and ALL that information is stored in the 'undo' system, so that C2 knows HOW to undo, or re-do the changes when you want to. All I'm asking is that they simply display this information when it does the undo\redo, rather than hiding it from the user.

• You mean just more information in the undo bar, or a scrollable one?

• Unreal Engine 4 has a nice solution for that. If you undo or redo something, a small notification appears in the lower-right corner (similar to what Windows 10 uses) with information about what did you just undo or redo.

• You mean just more information in the undo bar, or a scrollable one?

The status bar, where it typically says "Ready" on the bottom left of the C2 UI. The dropdown list for the "Undo" or "Redo" also only shows minimal information. It should be quite easy to extract the information from memory as to where these changes take place.

Unreal Engine 4 has a nice solution for that. If you undo or redo something, a small notification appears in the lower-right corner (similar to what Windows 10 uses) with information about what did you just undo or redo.

Yes, something similar to that would be awesome.

• I totally agree to this. That would be a very useful feature.

• Yes, I want this too. It's always annoying if I'm somewhere in the events and can't see where things were changed when undoing/redoing. More information given when undoing/redoing would be very helpful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)