[FEATURE REQUEST] Isometric game character movement.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Grid Movement 1 Engine
$7.50 USD
50% off
A template for a grid movement , grid tactics type game like Dofus , click on the grid you want to move to and the
  • Ashley is it possible to have a movement function in isometric game like the first fallout and diablo games? if i remember right these games are 2d. So i was wondering if we could have such a possibility in future releases of c2.

With pathfinding and grid movement all in isometric view.

thanks in advance.

• Rex may have the plugins you are looking for. Also I don't know who did it, but some one did an ISO template they were releasing.

• this would be interesting and open a multitude of new possibilities

• Well what features do you expect? The easy way would be just to add expressions to convert to isometric xy, which is so simple it really doesn't warrant expressions, or a plug.

Or change the whole engine, and editor to make all existing plugs/behaviors project to isometric coordinates, which would qualify as not easy.

A template might be a good way to go, but I don't want to release something that will become obsolete if some features were to become available.

• I don't know guys i think that it will bring as bjadams wrote new possibilities. Fallout 1 (and 2) is a 2d game diablo 1 too baldurs gate also even the new shadowrun returns is a 2d game but these were not the games (i've got to admit it) i've got in mind.it was a doodle game for the 50th anniversary of doctor who .

http://www.google.com/doodles/doctor-wh ... nniversary

i like it very much it was fun to play it and i thought why not to be able to make it with c2?

i tried some plugins of rexrainbow and thanks to him who tell me wich plugin to use but chrome and firefox gave me errors when i tried to run a game and because of lack of free time i dont try it too much for now. i hope next week have more free time.

so i thought ok its almost easy to make a crappy bird clone why not to have the ability for something more. i don't ask a 3rd dimension for c2 (i did it in the past...). we stay as we are in 2d.

Maybe its a lot work to be done but i think isometric movement with pathfinding is worth it.

• That's completely doable to do in C2 as is, but you also have to think of it asset wise as each character needs a lot of different animations.

Standing, walking, running, attacking, jumping, dieing, all with four directions.

This is the reason you don't see a bunch of isometric games already.

• this is not the problem the animations are ready and waiting. i use blender for some time and i think i can handle it.

doctors who doodle game uses mouse snapping and i saw a tutorial already about it in the tutorials section. the pathfinding i find it difficult and move along the tiles. i use the move expression and what i achieve was a teleportation from tile to tile... disaster....

i hope Ashley at least answer to my request if he see it. if its a yes ill be very happy if its a no moving on no hard feelings

• Perhaps I'm missing something but I would have thought it's already possible in C2 now?

• I think what spy84 is asking for is something like 8 direction isometric movement preset behaviors.

Think of engines like Adventure Game Studio, Visionaire Studio or even RPG Maker and you'll get the idea.

Presets like that would be a definite added bonus to Construct 2.

It would make Construct 2 even more

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK, iso movement is also a problem since not everybody is going to want the same way to move. There's Diablo style, or grid, etc.

Not sure how 8 direction translates into iso, unless you just mean 8 direction with iso z ordering, which is almost the same as Diablo.

Which brings up another issue with z order, as we don't have an "official" way, and the usual way can be cpu intensive, but manageable.

• newt I get what he's referring to.

What he's actually referring to is something like this:

Stasis is a 2D adventure game made in Visionaire studio. The player can move in 8 directions - and there's a separate animation for each direction.

Yeah it looks 3D (because of the high quality rendering) but its actually a 2D game.

An 8-direction preset like this in Construct 2 would be awesome.

• You don't need isometric to do what's in the vid.

All that would be needed is the paths behavior, and some z order masks.

• You don't need isometric to do what's in the vid.

All that would be needed is the paths behavior, and some z order masks.

newt OK, but do you know of any tutorials that show the kind of stuff you're talking about?

• vlweb3d i'dont even knew about Visionaire studio thanks a lot. yes stasis is like fallout like shadowrun returns baldur's gate etc... the 8 direction movement will be highly appreciated (top notch feature) but i can do what i've got in mind even with 4 directions like dr who doodle game.

newt please if you know how to do it show me please with an example capx . it will be a great help.

thanks both of you for sharing your thoughts

• I might make something up for the asset store, but its really not that hard to figure out.

Just have to get the animations to look like its in iso.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)