[Feature Request] LOS Plugin Action to change "Obstacle Opt"

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:39 am

@Ashley
[Feature Request] LOS Plugin Action to change "Obstacle Option" to Custom/Solid. It is very useful to have this option when you have Enemy AI's with 2 vision modes (blocked by solids & able to see through). @Ashley this will be a great option to have especially that it will avoid us from making two LOS behavior on an object.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey. It would be great to see a dotted line for the range and cone of view, in the editor. And maybe another checkbox for this behavior to enable/disable the view of the dotted line when previewing.
This is what I mean https://www.dropbox.com/s/kd2kyuvv8uukl ... w.jpg?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:59 pm

@chadorireborn, @ you can attatch the LOS behavior more then once to a sprite, with differend obstacles set.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 am

@99Instances2Go - I forgot to close this post but that's what I did long before I made this post. The thing is, this feature would save us the time in making 2 los object (stated above) but now I think there is a reason this option is not made, mostly because of optimization but I am not sure. Regardless, this post is already null.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:50 am

@anty21ro - I didn't see your .capx buy you can simply do this by making 2 (2x2) tiled backgrounds with, for example if the Los angle is 90 degrees then the 1st tiled background should be 45 degrees and the 2nd one should be -45 degrees.

In measuring the distance you can do this by trigonometric formulas or simply make a 3rd (2x2) tiledbackground in the middle with 0 degrees and the width/height is your distance.

This is a method for accurately checking the los range and angle. But yeah, I agree this feature premade in the editor with an option would be great also.

Sorry if it isn't clear and I couldn't give you any samples since I'm only using my phone.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General