[FEATURE REQUEST] modal dialogs

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • The ability to have simple popups like "are you sure [YES] [NO]" or "Lost connection to the server [OK]" would be a huge help. Every game I have created needs these, and its not easy to create them as events go through layers.

If its not feasible to create a popup window type function, then at least the ability to block events past a layer would do - then one could consturct ones own modal dialogs.

A games input logic is usually complex and hard to read with nested Ifs etc, I dont think its tennable to add more state to try and ignore input by hand if we are simulating a modal dialog. So currenty I suspect some of use developers don't offer the player choice or warnings when perhaps we should.

• I don't think we need to add any new features to do this. Can't you just set the timescale to 0, disable the main event groups, then make a dialog layer visible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had my input for various states and layouts spread over several event sheets to keep things organised. I have rewritten the project to fit in with this - i.e. all input in as few sheets as possible, then disabling the various appropriate groups.

The ability to disable touch & click input on sprites and/or layers would be very very useful in a number of cases in my games at least. Button sprites that you cant disable are difficult to manage, and require a number of globals which are generally not good practice

• I disagree about using globals here.

In fact this is the perfect place for them.

Just think ahead, and use one global to rule them all.

• nutmix - disabling the group of events that handles input is a really easy way to do that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)