[Feature Request] Scroll To Properties

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hi

It think it would be a nice feature if you could set new properties to the Scroll To behaviour

The properties would be:

1. Scroll Horizontal (Yes/No)

2. Scroll Vertical (Yes/No)

This new properties would be very useful, because sometimes you just want to scroll just on an axis (X or Y) not on both

For example:

In a platform game: You could set Horizontal (Yes) and Vertical to (No) since it's annoying to scroll vertical everytime you jump

And for compatibility issues those new properties should be set to yes

Thanks

• Do you want me to edit this behavior for you? I can make this behavior if you want

• Or you could do it with an event.

Something like:

every tick > system > scroll to x > player.x

This can be modified as well. For example, you could do "player.x -50" to move the camera up higher. You could also play with lerp or other variables down the road.

• Naji

Do you mean, edit the Scroll To behaviour?

• Naji

Do you mean, edit the Scroll To behaviour?

Yes a custom made behavior for you and all the community. you will get your behavior and I gain experience. what do you think?

• +If Scroll_Horiz = 1

-Set ScrollX to Player.X

+If Scroll_Vert = 1

-Set ScrollY to Player.Y

Some behaviors serve only to limit your options and save a few clicks...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Naji

Sure!

• This can easily be done in the even sheet, as described above.

Naji There was a post by Ashley which asked devs not to create plugins or behaviours similar to those included in C2. Can't find the post right now, but I remember reading it.

• Well, let's forget about modifying the official plugin.

We hope this can be added in a future release.

"1. If the change is very small, please just suggest it as an official feature. It can probably be added quickly in to the next beta release. This removes the need for a third party plugin at all."

• Iolva , I don't think there is need for any 3rd party plugin for this. If I understand correctly, what you ask can be done with just 1 simple event:

every tick----> set scrollx | Player.X ......(this is for horizontal camera movement. use scrolly / Player.Y for vertical movement)

This is far more versatile from the Scroll to behavior, because you can lerp it and have easing in the movement:

every tick-----> set scrollx | lerp(scrollx, Player.X, Z) ......(where Z is any number between 0 and 1. A 0.1 should produce a nice easing movement)

• I don't think features that can be implemented in a single event really deserve to be an entire behavior. The Scroll To behavior is mainly for beginners, so you can set up something like a scrolling jump-and-run without any events at all.

• This can easily be done in the even sheet, as described above.

Naji There was a post by Ashley which asked devs not to create plugins or behaviours similar to those included in C2. Can't find the post right now, but I remember reading it.

Then Ok I will not do it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)