[Feature Request] Scroll To Properties

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:11 am

Well, let's forget about modifying the official plugin.
We hope this can be added in a future release.
"1. If the change is very small, please just suggest it as an official feature. It can probably be added quickly in to the next beta release. This removes the need for a third party plugin at all."
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

@Iolva , I don't think there is need for any 3rd party plugin for this. If I understand correctly, what you ask can be done with just 1 simple event:

every tick----> set scrollx | Player.X ......(this is for horizontal camera movement. use scrolly / Player.Y for vertical movement)

This is far more versatile from the Scroll to behavior, because you can lerp it and have easing in the movement:

every tick-----> set scrollx | lerp(scrollx, Player.X, Z) ......(where Z is any number between 0 and 1. A 0.1 should produce a nice easing movement)
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:17 am

I don't think features that can be implemented in a single event really deserve to be an entire behavior. The Scroll To behavior is mainly for beginners, so you can set up something like a scrolling jump-and-run without any events at all.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:55 pm

briggybros wrote:This can easily be done in the even sheet, as described above.

@Naji There was a post by @Ashley which asked devs not to create plugins or behaviours similar to those included in C2. Can't find the post right now, but I remember reading it.

Then Ok I will not do it! :D What a life saver! ahhahahhaha :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General