Feature Request Set z-Index

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Hei Ashley it would be amazing to have the ability to set the z-index to a value and not just to set it to top/bottom.

If you ask me why, I build an 64*64 big isometric playfield there the user can place and move buildings. So I would have to make a complicated loop over 4096 fields. And call this loop every time the user creates or move new buildings.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey @Darklinki . I know this answer is late but you could try using the Sprite Action: "Z order">"Move to object". There you could specify where to place it: in front or behind a key object (Ex. Another Sprite).

Hope to read how you managed to do this if you discovered something else.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Funny you brought that back up, I just used that very thing for my isometric map yesterday. I place the building at the already present map tile, and it appears behind the closer tiles.

However when this post originally appeared, it might have been before that Z option was available. This may be one of the posts that prompted it's addition.

Before it was available, I made sure my tiles were all there already in their Z positions, and I just set the animations to the building.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 pm

In the time I made it this function(Move to object) wasnt available. Switched the engine cause of this.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General