Feature todo-list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Another request: set the animation speed via events.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:18 am

It would be nice if you could define a kind of 'Safe house' Layout, which comes up for certain errors.

Maybe if you gave construct a set of name constants, like:

$_DX_NOT_INSTALLED
$_MISC_ERROR

Where you name a layout with one of those names, and the layout becomes an error screen. It woudl have no special features, just sprites, enabling you to use your game's own graphical format to alert for errors.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 am

One nice feature would be to export the event sheet editor to PNG. Would make it easier to display it here.
Or maybe to export it to an ascii TXT file so we can cut and paste it. With tabs and spaces to indent the events.

Or maybe both. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I don't know if it is planned, but some way to embbed apps and games into the browser?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:01 am

There are two things i really miss in the physics movement: Friction and Bouncing.

For example, a box with friction 50 (1-100) on ground with friction 0 would smoothly glide over the surface when you add force, but on a wooden floor it would just move a tiny bit, or be flipped over. You could also use this for things like a snowmobile in a platform game.

Bouncing would be used for example in physic-platform movements, or if you'd like to create a ball that always bounces on the same height. you would set the bouncing in percent, where 100 would mean that all the force is kept when the object bounces.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:06 am

[quote="Ashley":1c11dtmm]- Improve the Controls system; allow two movements to use separate controls, have a Set control action, allow gamepads and such.[/quote:1c11dtmm]

It would be nice for you to include the full keyboard. I can't test my games in dvorak, where wasd is actually ,aoe... there is no comma or period in the controls or key pressed check. Or at least, that I saw. If I'm wrong, it would be nice to know the way, outside of switching to qwerty every time I wish to test a Construct game.

Gamepad use would be one way around it, but still.

"Set control" sounds awesome.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Here's an interesting feature request...

Granted, it's probably not one of the most important ones, but can be a really nice addition...

A camera plugin where you can have a box display another portion of the layout. Would be useful in say making a TV screen in the middle of a game level that displays an area later on...

Or in fact, split screen gameplay...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:09 pm

i suggested split screen multiplayer before but maybe a plug in that will expand on the display functions would be better, the ability to have picture in picture with specified dimensions rather than a screen simply divided into halves
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Got a few requests:

More sampling methods for rotations/scaling

A powerful Overlay like plugin to help create dynamic shadows like this. 2

A toroidal(sp?) sprite object that warps the moving picture inside either vertically or horizontally. (Cloud filter in photoshop, subtractive shader in construct and you got some nice fog)

Mersenne twister plugin.

7z compression plugin for files and text.

AES encryption plugin.

Hash plugin (SHA-1 and MD5)

Python(I know its getting added into the IDE) or LUA plugin to help make games more mod friendly

Also which physics engine is Construct using?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 pm

[quote="ssbfalcon":2ohx17ni]A camera plugin where you can have a box display another portion of the layout. Would be useful in say making a TV screen in the middle of a game level that displays an area later on...

Or in fact, split screen gameplay...[/quote:2ohx17ni]
I think a camera object to control the player's view would be useful. One could apply affects directly to the camera object dynamically, rather than from a restricted perspective. Unless this is all in there already...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion