Feature todo-list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:23 am

An equivalent of MMF's counter object would be quite handy.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:29 pm

A working find/replace dialogue, so you can search for always: sprite32 set x and it will find all relevant events, (you couldnt do this with the old *now missing!* find dialogue) and you can replace them etc.
extremely useful for large projects with lots of events. Also useful if you search for "x+10" and replace all with "x+600*timdelta" for example.

filtering for the event editor, filter by object, filter by action, filter by condition, filter by anything else you can think of. Construct needs this for much the same reason, if you have a medium to huge project it will speed everything up 100fold. Would also be nice if you could chose to filter events that have actions for the object, conditions of the object, and events which the object appears in an expression for. The more precise this can be the better.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 am

If there isn't already, an if thing would be useful when making equations.
Such as: if(equation,true,false) or if(5+5=10, 1, 0)
that would be great :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 am

[quote="faggatron":2zpkw8if]filtering for the event editor, filter by object, filter by action, filter by condition, filter by anything else you can think of. Construct needs this for much the same reason, if you have a medium to huge project it will speed everything up 100fold. Would also be nice if you could chose to filter events that have actions for the object, conditions of the object, and events which the object appears in an expression for. The more precise this can be the better.[/quote:2zpkw8if]Yes, definately, that would be very useful. If you have lots of objects and events in a game, it can be very hard to single out what you're looking for.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Construct needs wrapping for layers. The best would be if horizontal and vertical wrapping were separate choises :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm

[quote="alspal":2qpcyn2o]If there isn't already, an if thing would be useful when making equations.
Such as: if(equation,true,false) or if(5+5=10, 1, 0)
that would be great :D[/quote:2qpcyn2o]

Try the 'Evaluate' system condition. It runs when the expression entered is nonzero. Note you can use following operators in expressions: AND OR = <> <= < >= >

For example:
Evaluate Sprite.X < 50 OR Sprite.Y > 100
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:41 pm

I just remembered an expression feature I coded a very, very long time ago and forgot about: you can use the ?: operator like in C++.

For example:

Set Text object's Text to
(MouseX < 320) ? "Mouse is on left" : "Mouse is on right"

There's some weird stuff with operator precedence though, so you need the brackets around the condition as shown. Hopefully there aren't any other problems with it, I haven't used that for a long time...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks for that! I'll definitely give that a go.

I another feature, just like clickteam, could be a patch maker! :o
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:22 am

I've probably already mentioned this somewhere, but the mouseandkeyboard object needs an option to not accept input when the window loses focus - as I mean I've never ever found myself needing it to move around when you're alt tabbed, and at the moment (if it's even possible) it's not that straightforeward to add with events.

Also, I've definately mentioned this somewhere, but it needs a "Get current layout" value, that retrieves the current layout number. Or at least a restart current layout action, though the other thing would be preferable (why not add both heh)

Also, if it's not been added yet (mentioned this already too), pick by highest/lowest expression would be very nice aswell, like pick by evaluate but it picks the one with the highest/lowest values.

I know you probably know about all these things but I find myself needing them and desperately wanting them all the time. :oops:
(sorry if this is a completely useless post - but need to get it off my chest 8) )
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:38 pm

If it's not possible already... get loopindex for repeat/while/for each object loops would be nice (not 100% sure how it'd work - since they don't have names)
I know you can do it already with events and some value or whatever, but this would simplify things.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion