Feature todo-list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:44 am

[quote="faggatron":1yhwxgdp]would a "get position of collision" be possible, ie you imagine sprites A and B are both huge

on collision between A and B -> create EXPLOSION at (collisionx, collisiony), at the moment I don't know how to do this and make it not look stupid (if A and B are huge, and if they're irregular (ie not a circle) I can't do it well at all)[/quote:1yhwxgdp]

You could possibly do it by setting up a series of image points around the edges of your sprites, then do a loop (# of image points times) that checks if a point has collided with an object, where the point is the x and y of the image point as defined by the loop index. To save from running the loop constantly, have it triggered by a regular sprite-on-sprite collision.

The more image points you make the more accurate it would be. Obviously it would be kind of a pain to set it up, but theoretically it's doable.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 am

Well I think most issues where such a feature would be useful would benefit more from a case specific solution than a general solution as suggested -- though it's a very neat one!

Ah well, though. That sounds fair enough.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:34 pm

just a quick one, a sign function would be nice:
like sign(x)=x/abs(x) if x=!0, 0 if x=0
obviously you can do this anyway, but it would simplify a lot of my equations
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 am

I'd quite like the ability to pause the timer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:47 am

I brought this up before, but to bring it up where it should be, I'd like to be able to set the time override during run time. Also being able to retrieve a monitors refresh rate would be very nice.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 pm

^yeah I assumed that override timedelta would give 1/monitor refresh rate, so like 1/60 if your monitor is 60hz etc
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:20 pm

[quote="faggatron":3eysasc5]^yeah I assumed that override timedelta would give 1/monitor refresh rate, so like 1/60 if your monitor is 60hz etc[/quote:3eysasc5]

Heh, if you want that put on V-sync and turn off the override...

[quote="kayin":3eysasc5]I brought this up before, but to bring it up where it should be, I'd like to be able to set the time override during run time.[/quote:3eysasc5]
Set the timer FPS to 1, and timedelta will return whatever the time scale is.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:26 pm

[quote="Ashley":3rm84lx2]
Heh, if you want that put on V-sync and turn off the override...
[/quote:3rm84lx2]
I spose, but I meant it would always return that, if you do that, and it lags at all, and you get a drop in fps, timedelta will change. (tbh i dont even care im not gonna use the override anyway lol)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Yeah. Most math will probably be accurate enough on nice, whole time deltas. The issue again is the dip in frame rate, especially sudden, quick dips.

The general idea is with these features, I have control of when time delta changes, how it changes and how much it changes during slow down. I can set minimum FPSs, add options to adjust how frame loss is handled for the player and a number of other things. This makes overriding time delta a real nice and powerful advanced feature. It gets the job done right now, but I think those few changes would make it awesome. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:06 pm

one thing i did think though, surely instead of timedelta you can just have whatever constant you wanted?? - then you could change it whenever...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion