Feature todo-list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 am

[quote="deadeye":13us4uuk]Would it be possible to enable copy/paste between apps? I just tried it with no luck. [/quote:13us4uuk]
It would be very comfortable, it happens quite often I do it in MMF2.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:28 pm

I'll probably try my hand at it once I get Visual Studio installed this Friday, but a scrollbar plugin would be really nice...

Mainly to simplify making a level editor...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:24 pm

On the middle of a hard bug seeking in MMF, I had this idea: print feature for the debugger.

When the bug occoured, I had plenty of variables to check around, and having all the situation under my eyes in one or two papers would have been far more comfortable then navigating all around the debugger, always having a partial view of the situation.

I also would have been free to stop running the game and go checking the event editor with all the events printed under my eyes.

Or have a check later in the evening, when my mind is more fresh and I don't have to become crazy trying reproducing the bug (if I succeed riproducing!!).

In fact, I've not founded where is the bug yet -__-;

With that feature, bug fixing would become really less painful!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:52 pm

How about double clicking debugger items, to add them to the watch page? You can use that to pluck out a handful of values from different objects that you want to track, and view them in one list in the watch tab.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:28 am

That would be a smart add!

But it wouldn't change much for what sampled above..

The fact is.. if I encounter weird bug, I could desire to "freeze" the situation and print (or save on a file) all actual the content of the debugger.

So that (if I don't succeed to discover what is the problem right now) I don't have to become crazy trying to reproduce the bug every time. IF I succeed to reproduce it (in complex games it's not such an uncommon situation).

In general (large personal experience), for complex games it would make the debugging process far less painful!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:32 pm

The watch thing is already implemented in the debugger!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:38 pm

What about taking a screenshot with print screen, and then printing the screenshot?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:36 pm

How about being able to export the watch list as a .txt or something?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:49 am

[quote="source":3e8bdm9e]How about being able to export the watch list as a .txt or something?[/quote:3e8bdm9e]
Yep. I suggested that also because I tought it should be not such a big effort. But, if not, I can always adapt with double clicking debugger items adding to watch page and taking screenshot.

Just one more thing (I could be wrong, since I didn't find any documentation about the debugger.. I still haven't figured out well how watch list works): is it normal that in the debugger I don't see global variables?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Would be very comfortable the possibility to activate/deactivate groups of events directly with a checkbox.

Also please note that Enter and Esc doesn't work as shortcut for cancel and finish on the expression editor.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion