Features Scirra has? Looking to hire Programers.

0 favourites
  • Hey everyone!

I'm a GS user and I will be coming over the construct eventually.

I just wanted to know, does construct have:

Game Centre Achievements.

In App Purchases.

Universal Binaries.

Those are some features GS has that I hope Scirra does.

Scirra has WAY more awesome features than GS, I wish I started with Scirra.

However making the change at this stage will be a little costly however as things go I do plan on doing it.

Does scirra supply hard code so I can take advantage of getting programers to incorporate non Scirra features like multiplayer etc?

Can Scirra make games like platform shooters with mechanics that allow you to shoot a bullet at a group of actors all together, overlap more than one and only destroy one? GS Can't do that and I would LOVE it if Scirra could.

And yes, i'm looking to hire people to work on my projects.

Only looking for people who are exceptional though. I strive to get all projects looking as professional as the best of the best games.

I'm great with marketing to so can offer small commissions.

For example, we are still yet to release a game and my fan page has over 10,000 likes.

Please drop us a like: facebook.com/FabledApps

Thanks in advance for any help!

If anyone could compare GS and Scirra more that would be great!

(Please keep in mind I do know that Scirra is better.)

• I'm sorry for my ignorance.

Does GS mean GameSalad?

Scirra has 3 workmates. I hope they should hire a decent programmer to make C2 much better than we excpect anything.

• I'm sorry for my ignorance.

Does GS mean GameSalad?

Scirra has 3 workmates. I hope they should hire a decent programmer to make C2 much better than we excpect anything.

Yeah it does, I just didn't wanna seem like i'm promoting it.

I just read that they're run by 3 people to. WOW!

GS is run by a massive team and they're barely keeping up with Scirra. Imagine when Scirra gets more backing. Wow. :D

• The answer to your 3 questions

"I just wanted to know, does construct have:

Game Centre Achievements.

In App Purchases.

Universal Binaries."

No, but CocoonJS wrapper has Game Center support

No, but CocoonJS wrapper has IOS and Android IAP, but the plugin is working with such features yet.

No, and unfortunatally unless some intrepid programmer reverse engineers the XML exports C2 will never have universal binairies.

"Those are some features GS has that I hope Scirra does.

Scirra has WAY more awesome features than GS, I wish I started with Scirra.

However making the change at this stage will be a little costly however as things go I do plan on doing it."

The only down side to C2 is that it's dependent on other technologies to advance to catch up. However I find that it's easy to make games with C2.

"Does scirra supply hard code so I can take advantage of getting programers to incorporate non Scirra features like multiplayer etc?"

You can program plugins for multiplayer and other features. Also the JS code is exposed so you can tinker with it as much as you want.

"Can Scirra make games like platform shooters with mechanics that allow you to shoot a bullet at a group of actors all together, overlap more than one and only destroy one? GS Can't do that and I would LOVE it if Scirra could."

Yes. Really depends on the condition of which you want to destroy.

You can set a condition event for overlapping. This will give you a pool of objects(actors). Then you can count through them, then random to destroy one of them.

• Thanks for the great answer!

If I have other question it would be... what is the most intense Construct 2 project that's been exported to mobile devices? Like with the most characters, animations, rules etc that are in one single scene?

I would love to see that to see if my future projects can run on it as I wanna make money on the App store with some pretty big games. :)

• You might want to talk to Arima - he's making a big RPG for mobiles in C2.

The most notable C2 game for mobile that's actually released is probably Mortar Melon.

• Read up on Construct Classic. For all the research I've done, if your intent is creating a -PC GAME- and not a -WEB GAME-, Construct Classic appears to be a bit more geared that way and it's very similar to C2. Direct X9-driven, plus open source and FREE.

Not tryin' to say anything, I'm just sayin'.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lovelocke64, actually by now, with Node-Webkit, C2 is almost as powerful as CC for desktop games, and it has so many benefits like active community, constant updates, more features, etc.

• Thanks guys! I believe I have him on Skype actually.

I'm only interested in iOS Apple/Android stuff at this stage. :)

• Lovelocke64, actually by now, with Node-Webkit, C2 is almost as powerful as CC for desktop games, and it has so many benefits like active community, constant updates, more features, etc.

Not trying to start anything here, but "almost" doesn't "equal". For my purposes, Node-Webkit is tricky to get video playback working, and for (enough) other users, they experience glitches ranging from unpredictable performance to audio glitches.

I'm sure the same errors can creep up in Construct Classic, but nothing beats native export like native export.

Besides, for our OP's requirements, iOS/Android development, whew. The Android development side of exporting requires even more troubleshooting to get "right". Another issue of the long-winded talks on "native export" support that pops up weekly on the forums.

• So... Mobile platform publishing sounds pretty hazardous at this stage. :(

• There are third party plugins that allow IAP but I don't believe they are standard yet. I built the functionality into my Facebook plugin. Right now I'm working on a project that accepts payments through PayPal so I'm working on building that functionality for my app. So the abilities are all there and it is a step up from the competition. :)

• Thanks for the great answer!

If I have other question it would be... what is the most intense Construct 2 project that's been exported to mobile devices? Like with the most characters, animations, rules etc that are in one single scene?

I would love to see that to see if my future projects can run on it as I wanna make money on the App store with some pretty big games. :)

I don't know if loot pursuit is the most intense project at any one point, as I'm optimizing as much as possible, however it is a substantial project. The main problem right now is memory management, which Ludei has said they've started working on. It was running fine on my iPhone 4S until I started using more ram than the device has (still runs fine on my pad 3 which has twice the ram), hopefully ludei's implementation will fix that problem (it sounds like it will).

> Lovelocke64, actually by now, with Node-Webkit, C2 is almost as powerful as CC for desktop games, and it has so many benefits like active community, constant updates, more features, etc.

Not trying to start anything here, but "almost" doesn't "equal". For my purposes, Node-Webkit is tricky to get video playback working, and for (enough) other users, they experience glitches ranging from unpredictable performance to audio glitches.

I'm sure the same errors can creep up in Construct Classic, but nothing beats native export like native export.

Besides, for our OP's requirements, iOS/Android development, whew. The Android development side of exporting requires even more troubleshooting to get "right". Another issue of the long-winded talks on "native export" support that pops up weekly on the forums.

Although I haven't tried video in C2 yet, the lack of complaints about it makes me think that video playback was worse in CC, as in CC there was virtually no control over the video, it always has a control bar, and I seem to recall I couldn't even destroy the object. It was basically useless. :(

CC export wasn't perfect either, players of CC games would sometimes report crashes. Besides, for every thing CC does better, which isn't much, there are a bunch more things that C2 does better.

Also, I apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're implying native export to android would make things easier - but from the developers I've heard from and talk to, native development sounds even worse! Hundreds, if not thousands of devices running tons of various modified versions of android with different hardware specs that often don't even support the features they claim to support. Native export is not a silver bullet that is always better at everything. It's no wonder scirra's competitors are taking so long to update if they're trying to make a native android exporter by themselves.

• Video implementation etc.. Plugins sounds like a Powerful option.

GS doesn't have that. However the native publishing, I don't think people have had all that many problems.

I read on the Scirra facebook page that someone published their game and it was all good and after about a month it started breaking down which really doesn't make sense to me.

I would be happy if I could get games working on i4S onwards with Game Centre stuff. (C'mon, majority of people love their high scores.)

I think I asked this before, but does anyone have any videos of a C2 game that has a single scene PACKED with the lots of things happening at once? I checked out MortarMelon, really nice project, but I feel if they couldn't fit more in one scene (purely for RAM reasons, amazingggggg looking game.) I get a bit concerned.

I love having lots of Animations and various characters all doing something at once.

Which is also something GS CAN NOT handle.

GS Does not have custom polygons or joints either, that is another thing about Scirra that I love.

• I read on the Scirra facebook page that someone published their game and it was all good and after about a month it started breaking down which really doesn't make sense to me.

I think I asked this before, but does anyone have any videos of a C2 game that has a single scene PACKED with the lots of things happening at once? I checked out MortarMelon, really nice project, but I feel if they couldn't fit more in one scene (purely for RAM reasons, amazingggggg looking game.) I get a bit concerned.

I love having lots of Animations and various characters all doing something at once.

Which is also something GS CAN NOT handle.

Ummm. I suppose they were inefficiently using storage. Maybe they were just adding more and more to save file and it started using up too much memory. This would reduce performance.

I haven't tried packed scenes yet. Though tests have shown that if your willing to limit a fps of 30. you can get 200+ objects renders without much problem. Hardware of course matters where mine is a low end Tegra2, so consider that :P. I have also been thinking of a theory to pack many more objects onto a scene by identifying them as dynamic and static. Then using rojohounds canvas render the static elements at 10fps count and leave dynamic running at normal speed. but it's just a theory. I don't know of GS has access to a canvas layer to experiment with that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)