[Feedback] Dialogue Box For Lazy People

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:22 am

New update and new capx!

I added some basic touch support. Try it and give me your feedback :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 am

i will be using it! As soon as i start to use it i will give you feedback! thank you for making this!
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:13 pm

I just added a bunch of stuff in the last update. I made a RPG like demo and a Visual Novel like demo to show different uses of the dialogue box.

As I was doing this I made it easier to fork the dialogue and you can also use the mouse now.

Enjoy talking with Piggy in the new demos :D

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/dialogue-box-for-lazy-people-8915

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:34 am

Thank you for this script! Its really amazing and has a ton of potential.
I was trying to deconstruct your test file to figure out how I can use this dialogue tool to my own liking. However, my dialogue practice just doesn't seem to trigger at all.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4m8nb4notfo8 ... .capx?dl=0
I understand if you dont' have time to look at this, I'm going to keep picking it apart and maybe I'll learn something, but I'd appreciate if you had time to point out what I could be doing wrong.
Thank you either way!
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm

@funcooker You're welcome, it's always nice to see someone is interested by what I did (and it forces me to work on it a little haha) :)

Do you still have problems? I will look at your capx and tell you if I find anything wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am

Just logged in to thank you! I'm going to make short visual novel-type games and this makes my work so much easier. It took me littlebit time to figure out how does this work and how can i customize this to my needs but it would have taken much more time if i had to do everything from beginning :)
B

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 pm

@Anttj90 You're welcome :) Don't hesitate to ask me for more explanations. I'm always happy to help.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Would it be possible to get your complete demo capx file? I can't figure out how to get the template working. Can you also fix the broken link to your capx in the arcade? Maybe that is what I am missing. Thanks for this.
B

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Fratchner wrote:Would it be possible to get your complete demo capx file? I can't figure out how to get the template working. Can you also fix the broken link to your capx in the arcade? Maybe that is what I am missing. Thanks for this.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know the link in the arcade was broken, I don't know if it's because of me or if it's just the website. I will reupload the capx file in the arcade later today or tomorrow :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:35 pm

It still is a broken link. I'd like to take a look at this over the weekend... if possible. Thanks a bunch for creating this and sharing it!
B

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests