Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Yeah, the capx is a dead link too.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:51 am

@LaDestitute @Fratchner
Sorry for the late reply, I reuploaded after your comments but the link was still dead (I guess there was a problem with the website). I just tried downloading the capx today and it worked, so it should be okay now.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:43 pm

@bbenny93 is there a way for the NPC to remember his next_dialogue when the player go to a new layout and come back?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:26 am

brandonP wrote:@bbenny93 is there a way for the NPC to remember his next_dialogue when the player go to a new layout and come back?

You could create different dialogues to call and then use variables to check which to switch to?
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm

@LaDestitute I forgot that I asked this question :P, but I ended up using an array where I store the last dialogue...
So the array is filled with initial dialogue on the beginning of the game( not at start layout) and every time my player is in collision with the NPC it checks the correspondent dialogue in the array and replace next_dialogue for the NPC
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 pm

@bbenny93

First, thank you for your dialogue system. I do not have much knowledge and this system is very good help, I have bought other dialogues in the store and I was not able to integrate them. But this one worked great, could modify it perfectly except a small problem.

I have created a spritefont, but I have problems with spacing. I have located the event that modifies the spacing, but I do not understand it.

I need, if someone is so kind, to explain briefly how to modify this event or remove the custom spacing and do it myself in the .png.

Thank you very much, I would greatly appreciate an answer.
B

Post » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi @Bbenny93

Thank you for this amazing work. This is really useful.
I might have a dumb question but I ended up with a weird behaviour when I wanted to have a newline within the same Text id.

For Example, within my XML (based on your template):

<TextLine id='1' id_next='2' avatar_animation='default'>
I'm the General Mc GALLAGAN.[pause]
The headquarter told me that you are the best pilot of the army. </TextLine>

When I launch the proto, the "The" at the start of the new sentence is displayed alone on a new line and the rest of the sentence is displayed on a new line instead of following "The".

I don't undestand why it happens so, I tried several approaches such as added </n> </br> &#xA;
none of them worked and still have this strange behaviour???

If anyone can tell me if it is possible to do newline in the same text id, I would appreciate,
Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm

@dirttdiver
@Underdog

Sorry guys I haven't been around a lot lately, do you still need help now?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests