Feedback request: new PhoneGap features

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 am

I am back on Thursday, so if nobody has confirmed those plugins are working by then I will do it...
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Ok I tested it with my game.

I exported it with C2 182 to PhoneGap and wrapped it with PhoneGap Build to iOS. I signed it witch distribution/local certificates/provisioning.

iAd seems to work. The triggers/commands work and I am able to get test banner from the iAd network. Show top/bottom, overlap and so on all works fine, but I only see test ads. I can't see if there is something to truly activate it. I read online that it takes 1-4 days to show real ads. I also thought maybe this is bounded to the distribution certificate but I tried that as well. I haven't used iAd before so maybe someone can confirm that (I will keep checking it).

GameCenter: doesn't show any interaction. I tested authenticate user and show leaderboard. Everything is set um correctly in GameCenter (works fine with CCJS), but not with this plugin.

@Ashley:
My PhoneGap export works well enough to replace it on the real app store (production), but I would need those things working to do it:

Must have:
- iAd Plugin: show fullscreen ad
- GameCenter: needs to work in general
- GameCenter: show achievements (given layout)

Nice to Have:
- Fixed "Hide Status Bar" Bug
- Browser plugin - open URL should open outside of phonegap if possible
- Options to configure the splash screen for the phonegap export in c2

Let me know if you need any more information about the plugins. I don't know how the debugger works so I can't tell what the GameCenter Plugin is doing in background. :-)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi @Ashley,

I just tried a quick test with Beta r183 and I couldn't get background audio working (Phonegap CLI / Xcode 5.1 and also tried with Ejecta).

I also could not get Open URL or Open URL in New Window working with Phonegap CLI.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong my end, I will keep testing.

Thanks
Alan
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:59 pm

@aquinn - we only officially support PhoneGap Build. I don't think the CLI consumes the same format config.xml so things like the required plugins won't be included and will need to be configured separately.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Ah ok... I will try on phonegap build. Many thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm

@Ashley Arrgh.. I just tried again with Phonegap Build - but I hit the 15MB upload limit. Even the 40MB limit on the paid service is really quite low for media rich apps, especially with new 1920×1080 resolution retina images on the iPhone 6+

Looks like I need to figure out how to properly add plugins to Phonegap CLI projects in XCode.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:35 am

Thanks for the IAP update, @Ashley! I'll be testing it soon, but in order to do that, I'll also need a "consume product" action for consumables. My use case for this is purchasing in-game currency, so they player should be able to buy as many of one item as they want. In order to do that (at least on Android, not sure about iOS), the product has to be consumed before purchasing again.

Very excited about getting this feature complete for both platforms so I can do a full release soon
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:06 am

Is the new Admob plugin working with Phonegap Build Service? I tested it on iOS and Android and there is nothing showing up. Also shouldn't there be a somehow called "cranberry admob" plugin reference in the exported config file?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:15 pm

@MACPK - no, AdMob can't be built with PhoneGap Build right now, it's only supported on Crosswalk at the moment.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:48 pm

@Ashley - thanks for the info. It might be helpful to put this to the plugin description, so weather a plugin is supported by Crosswalk, Phonegap CLI or Phonegap Build Service.

Am I right that there is currently no option to monetize Phonegap Build Service apps on Android? So we still need Crosswalk for that?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General