few action rpg related questions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
All you need to create an action RPG game, the Gamepack features sprites destined for instant use !
  • hi,,

1. The 8 directional movement provided with construct is prepared for cars. Haw can i make zelda/ff style movement? Are you thinking about adding this type of movement?

thx

2. If player is leaving layeouts one, he appears on layeouts two. layeouts two has got four other passages to other layeouts, will i have to use variables for controling from which passage he will enter?

3. Is there a possibility of marging layeouts in to one? if not, are you concidering making a plugin? ( acctualty i`ve got idea how would it work ^^ )

4. Even with few sprites, layer editor is slowing down badly. are you planning on improving it?

5. How many objects one layer can handle?

6. Roughly how many layeouts construct can handle and how long it would take for 500MB game to load?

edit' i repeired few bits. they in bold

• hi,,

1. The 8 directional movement provided with construct is prepared for cars. Haw can i make zelda/ff

Change the rotation options.

8 direction works just fine for a Zelda type game

• > hi,,

>

> 1. The 8 directional movement provided with construct is prepared for cars. Haw can i make zelda/ff

>

Change the rotation options.

8 direction works just fine for a Zelda type game

thx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 2. If player is leaving layeouts one, he appears on layeouts two. layeouts two has got four other passages to other layeouts, will i have to use variables for controling from which passage he will enter?

Make doors. When you player collides with a door, it has some private variables telling which layout to go to, and what x/y to set the player at, if need be.

Just so we're clear, it doesn't have to look like a door. It can be an invisible sprite, or one that's off the edge of your layout.

4. Even with few sprites, layer editor is slowing down badly. are you planning on improving it?

Sounds like your computer is slow, or you have a lot of other stuff running. The layout editor works fine for me, even with hundreds of sprites in the layout. And my computer is pretty old.

• 4. Even with few sprites, layer editor is slowing down badly. are you planning on improving it?

5. How many objects one layer can handle?

This depends on the graphics card and what sizes your sprites are, How much Vram you have also plays a big roll in how much stuff a layout can hold.

btw its Layout not Layeout just thought Id let you know since you went back and edited them all to say that.

• cool, thanks for replayes.

Sounds like your computer is slow, or you have a lot of other stuff running. The layout editor works fine for me, even with hundreds of sprites in the layout. And my computer is pretty old.

Well, altho my laptop is average , broos computer is top class and it`s still slows down. Just thought i mention it.

aeal5566@ i'll remember that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)