Few Questions about a Tower Defense game

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Tower stacker
$9.99 USD
Template for a tower stacker game, fully documented in comments and video
  • I really want to make that first step into making video games, time is just passing by. Anyway I have always loved the TD genre and have always wanted to make one myself.

I am struggling to find a program to use but construct 2 seems pretty cool. I just wanted to know how far I can push the customization of a few things. Anyway here are my questions.

1. How intricate can I make my towers?

• Can I make it so they can be upgraded - example, 10 gold = 1 dmg sort of thing
    • Can I make it so it can turn into a completely different tower - example going from a level 1 tower to a level 2
    • Can I change fire rates, armour pen, magic pen, stuff like that
    • Can towers have abilities - example stuns, poisons, shoot nets out, slow movement, split shot, summoning enemies
    • Can I assign a certain damage type to do different amounts to different armor types

2. How intricate can I make my enemies?

• Can I change their stats?
    • Can I give them certain armour types to reduce damage from certain enemies
    • Can I give them abilities - example speed boost, armour boost

3. How intricate can I make my builders?

• Can I give them abilities?
    • Can I have more than 1?

4. Can I create a tree in the center of the maze which needs to be destroyed - instead of lives ticking down?

• Can the tree be up-gradable - example increasing hp

5. Can I have a level progression?

• Beat level 1 and move onto level 2, each level would be a new map building off the previous one

6. Could I possibly have animation between each level advancement

7. Would it be possible to have a checkpoint after each level. When you beat level 1 you move onto level two but you keep all your towers an money and start on level 2 which is level 1 plus level 2. But I would like to be able to make the option of replaying level 1 to change up your strategy for the start of level 2

That is pretty much what I would need to know. Any help would be appreciated. I have had this game mapped out for quite some years now and have never really done anything past pen and paper, so I apologize if this is all too much and I would be happy to explain anything in further detail as I have it all written down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. How intricate can I make my towers?

- Can I make it so they can be upgraded - example, 10 gold = 1 dmg sort of thing

Yes

- Can I make it so it can turn into a completely different tower - example going from a level 1 tower to a level 2

Yes

- Can I change fire rates, armour pen, magic pen, stuff like that

Yes

- Can towers have abilities - example stuns, poisons, shoot nets out, slow movement, split shot, summoning enemies

Yes

- Can I assign a certain damage type to do different amounts to different armor types

Yes

2. How intricate can I make my enemies?

- Can I change their stats?

Yes

- Can I give them certain armour types to reduce damage from certain enemies

Yes

- Can I give them abilities - example speed boost, armour boost

Yes

3. How intricate can I make my builders?

- Can I give them abilities?

Yes

- Can I have more than 1?

Yes

4. Can I create a tree in the center of the maze which needs to be destroyed - instead of lives ticking down?

• Can the tree be up-gradable - example increasing hp

Yes

5. Can I have a level progression?

- Beat level 1 and move onto level 2, each level would be a new map building off the previous one

Yes

6. Could I possibly have animation between each level advancement

Yes

7. Would it be possible to have a checkpoint after each level. When you beat level 1 you move onto level two but you keep all your towers an money and start on level 2 which is level 1 plus level 2. But I would like to be able to make the option of replaying level 1 to change up your strategy for the start of level 2

Yes

You could have all this and more..

The limit is your imagination and your knowledge on how to make these things happen.

Some of the things above are made very simple by Construct2 and some of them will take some time to get just right.

Having basic knowledge on the way Construct2 works, you should be able to expand that into the game you'd like to create.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)