I really want to make that first step into making video games, time is just passing by. Anyway I have always loved the TD genre and have always wanted to make one myself.
I am struggling to find a program to use but construct 2 seems pretty cool. I just wanted to know how far I can push the customization of a few things. Anyway here are my questions.
1. How intricate can I make my towers?
- Can I make it so they can be upgraded - example, 10 gold = 1 dmg sort of thing
- Can I make it so it can turn into a completely different tower - example going from a level 1 tower to a level 2
- Can I change fire rates, armour pen, magic pen, stuff like that
- Can towers have abilities - example stuns, poisons, shoot nets out, slow movement, split shot, summoning enemies
- Can I assign a certain damage type to do different amounts to different armor types
2. How intricate can I make my enemies?
- Can I change their stats?
- Can I give them certain armour types to reduce damage from certain enemies
- Can I give them abilities - example speed boost, armour boost
3. How intricate can I make my builders?
- Can I give them abilities?
- Can I have more than 1?
4. Can I create a tree in the center of the maze which needs to be destroyed - instead of lives ticking down?
- Can the tree be up-gradable - example increasing hp
5. Can I have a level progression?
- Beat level 1 and move onto level 2, each level would be a new map building off the previous one
6. Could I possibly have animation between each level advancement
7. Would it be possible to have a checkpoint after each level. When you beat level 1 you move onto level two but you keep all your towers an money and start on level 2 which is level 1 plus level 2. But I would like to be able to make the option of replaying level 1 to change up your strategy for the start of level 2
That is pretty much what I would need to know. Any help would be appreciated. I have had this game mapped out for quite some years now and have never really done anything past pen and paper, so I apologize if this is all too much and I would be happy to explain anything in further detail as I have it all written down.