Few questions about C3

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
    • Is there a way to set "Expression dictionary" to be opaque at all time?

It's very frustrating to watch it constantly change transparency while you move your mouse around.

• is there a way to keep the size of "Add action" window?

I like to resize it so I can see all the possible (at least default) actions without scrolling around. Right now every time I want to add an action, for any kind of object, the "Add action" window shows up always in default size and i need to resize it manually.

• Preview, debug.... button on main screen. Is it possible to make them all visible?

There is only a "Preview layout" button and a little arrow to press on to show more options. It would be nice to be able to customize it to show more then one button.

I understand that some of them might be actual feature requests, but I want to ask first.

• - Preview, debug.... button on main screen. Is it possible to make them all visible?

There is only a "Preview layout" button and a little arrow to press on to show more options. It would be nice to be able to customize it to show more then one button.

I already asked them to put back the debug preview button, it seems their server can track how many times a button is clicked, apparently not enough people clicked on them so they put them all under the little arrow. It's all about the hot keys don't you know.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yeah... But I don't know. There's some mystical about pressing a button with the mouse

Keyboard shortcuts are nice, but sometimes can be forgotten. In my opinion all important options or the ones you use constantly should have a proper button on the interface with easy access. Just so you know it's there and you can use it.

That's why I don't like "Align" for example. It takes too much hustle just to center the object in the layout. It's a lot quicker to eyeball it then align it

• > - Preview, debug.... button on main screen. Is it possible to make them all visible?

> There is only a "Preview layout" button and a little arrow to press on to show more options. It would be nice to be able to customize it to show more then one button.

>

I already asked them to put back the debug preview button, it seems their server can track how many times a button is clicked, apparently not enough people clicked on them so they put them all under the little arrow. It's all about the hot keys don't you know.

control (command in mac) + F4 runs debug layout. in some cases you may need to press fn button too.

• But I'm not asking about keyboard shortcuts. I know they exist and how to use them.

• - Is there a way to set "Expression dictionary" to be opaque at all time?

It's very frustrating to watch it constantly change transparency while you move your mouse around.

- is there a way to keep the size of "Add action" window?

I like to resize it so I can see all the possible (at least default) actions without scrolling around. Right now every time I want to add an action, for any kind of object, the "Add action" window shows up always in default size and i need to resize it manually.

- Preview, debug.... button on main screen. Is it possible to make them all visible?

I understand that some of them might be actual feature requests, but I want to ask first.

1. It used to be that way but someone suggested it should fade like in C2, i prefer to have it opaque also, so hopefully Ashley can add a setting for that? I also find it a bit frustrating.

2. I'm with you there also. It would be good if C3 could remember sizes and positions. File bug for it...

3. It used to be that way as well, I have no idea why the insist on hiding stuff in submenus, it's quite annoying. You want stuff you use often to be easily accessible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)