FGL paying $50 per app to "enhance" your app.

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Message: FGLmatt can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
KazaaMafia wrote:So, FGL is hosting another promotion similar to their failed $200 HTML5 promotion that they hosted back in 2014. I took advantage of their previous promotion and I've already submitted two apps for this promotion at this time of writing which got approved. They really feel confident about their Enhance AD SDK system that they will pay you $50 per app to implement it.

I've written a blog and made a video on the process of submitting your app for the promotion, if you're interested. Check it out! :mrgreen:

http://www.makemoneyandgames.com/single ... e-your-app


Thanks for making a video about Enhance and our current promotion! In regards to the HTML5 promo from last year, it was hardly a failure since at least 3 people (that I recognize) in this thread alone made over $50,000 collectively from it. And since helping game devs make money from their creations has always been our #1 goal, I'd say it was a big success.

I'd also like to clear up some other Enhance related questions.

Enhance is not an SDK. On the contrary, it removes the need to ever have to mess with an SDK - which is a big deal considering how long some of them take to integrate. Enhance is simply a technology to speed up getting third party mobile services (analytics, ads, attribution, social, IAP, push notifications, etc.) into your app with little or no coding. It alleviates this well known pain point for both developers and service providers. Just watch KazaaMafia's video to see how fast multiple services were injected into his app with very little effort.

The promotion we're running is just one way we're spreading the word about Enhance. It appears to have piqued the interest of many people in this thread, so I guess it's working! At the end of the day, we just want you to use Enhance. We think it's a great service, and we've heard similar sentiment from many developers, so if you get approved for our promotion or not, we just hope Enhance helps you enough so that you use it again the next time.

Edit:
The quality standard has definitely been increased from that of the HTML5 promo, and may even increase more as we go along, but I can assure you it's not set super high. That shouldn't deter you from taking part.

If anyone has any issues using Enhance, definitely point them out in the survey attached to the promotion. If you have questions about the promotion, you can always shoot me a message or post here.

Thanks!

-Matt
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:36 am

@FGLmatt
No doubt the 200$ HTML5 game promo was a success from developer point of view and we are really thankful for that.
But for this promo since the quality bar increased and the payment is only 1/4 from 200$ things are different.
The only way this could be profitable to the developer is to have the game pre made. And I have the games made for 200$ promo and I could convert them to android to take advantage of this promo too.
Since the conversion of a html5 game to android enhance and publish it takes 2-3 hours this new promo is barely worth it. But it worth it.
I was really hoping that we are able to submit the apps as html5 for quality check and if they pass I can spend 2-3 hours per app to convert them for android knowing that the game is ok for the promo.
Now you require us to convert the games first and then wait to see if they are good.
I've submitted one game 1 month ago (without publishing to play store), 1 week ago published to play store still no YES/NO answer.

Thanks
B
33
S
8
G
4
Posts: 155
Reputation: 3,752

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:26 am

FGLmatt wrote:...3 people (that I recognize) in this thread alone made over $50,000 collectively from it.


@FGLmatt Hi Matt can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean that sum of $50K was earned from ads... over what period of time? The months since the initial html5 promotion? Or during the promotion... or what? Sorry I'm not clear what you mean here.
B
70
S
50
G
60
Posts: 400
Reputation: 37,759

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 pm

paala wrote:@FGLmatt
No doubt the 200$ HTML5 game promo was a success from developer point of view and we are really thankful for that.
But for this promo since the quality bar increased and the payment is only 1/4 from 200$ things are different.
The only way this could be profitable to the developer is to have the game pre made. And I have the games made for 200$ promo and I could convert them to android to take advantage of this promo too.
Since the conversion of a html5 game to android enhance and publish it takes 2-3 hours this new promo is barely worth it. But it worth it.
I was really hoping that we are able to submit the apps as html5 for quality check and if they pass I can spend 2-3 hours per app to convert them for android knowing that the game is ok for the promo.
Now you require us to convert the games first and then wait to see if they are good.
I've submitted one game 1 month ago (without publishing to play store), 1 week ago published to play store still no YES/NO answer.

Thanks


I totally understand where you're coming from, but this is just a different kind of promo. While we'd love to give out a bunch of cash for as many games as you can produce quickly, we'd rather you try Enhance on an app that you're passionate about. Please note that the quality bar is NOT that high. Native mobile is just a different platform compared to mobile web, so we expect a quality level that will resonate with users that take the time to download your app.

You definitely don't need to submit brand new (or pre-made) games. You can use apps that are already released.

I'll get with the approval team about your submission. Most apps don't have to wait more than 24 hours to get an answer. There must have been an oversight, so I apologize for that.

If you know FGL, you know that we'll do whatever we can to help you succeed. As a side bonus (and something we do for every app regardless if it's part of the promo or not), we'll work directly with you to give your app the best chance at success if it proves to have great retention. Meaning we'll spend our time and money to give it a push.


Artpunk wrote:
FGLmatt wrote:...3 people (that I recognize) in this thread alone made over $50,000 collectively from it.


@FGLmatt Hi Matt can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean that sum of $50K was earned from ads... over what period of time? The months since the initial html5 promotion? Or during the promotion... or what? Sorry I'm not clear what you mean here.


That was in regards to the HTML5 promotion last year. We paid devs for simply submitting an app. I recognized 3 people in this thread, and know that they collectively made that sum. It has nothing to do with the current promo, or ad earnings. Sorry for the confusion.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:22 pm

@FGLmatt Yes I do understand that you need quality apps. I do believe that my games made for HTML 5 promo are quality ones.
One game was just approved today. Thanks.
But the main problem for me is why I can't submit the list of my 150 games for quality check as HTML5 with 0 work from me and get a list of xxx games OK and maybe some NOT OK. Then I would work on converting those games to apk.
Why do I need to spend 2-3 hours per game to convert in order for you to test for quality?
If the game is NOT ok regarding quality my work is in vane.

Thanks for answering.
B
33
S
8
G
4
Posts: 155
Reputation: 3,752

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 pm

FGLmatt wrote:That was in regards to the HTML5 promotion last year. We paid devs for simply submitting an app. I recognized 3 people in this thread, and know that they collectively made that sum. It has nothing to do with the current promo, or ad earnings. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Matt, im sorry but I still dont understand. What I get from reading this thread is that you had a HMTL5 promo last year where you paid devs $200 per game to use your service. But I dont understand how those guys made $50K between them? Do you mean that between them they had 250 games which they enhanced with your service... so FGL paid them $200 for each of 250 games?
B
70
S
50
G
60
Posts: 400
Reputation: 37,759

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:03 am

@Artpunk Well, the thing is very simple actually. I made $1000 with just 5 games but other developers had 50-100 games from which they received $200 foe each game.
Take paala for example (the one that previously posted ) has around 150 games in his portfolio at the moment.
B
81
S
21
G
23
Posts: 515
Reputation: 18,702

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 am

@FGLmatt I have a game that is not having many downloads. Is that a game that can be eligible for the $50 promotion?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... terstellar
B
81
S
21
G
23
Posts: 515
Reputation: 18,702

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 pm

I do not really understand the Enhance-service. If you do nottake the potential 50$ into concideration and just thick of the service itself..

If you do not add Admob, Chartboost or Appodeal in Construct2, just save the project without any ad system. Then compile the apk, and "enhance" it in the enhance service, then you can choose to enable ads in that enhancement. so then you enhance it with Admob for instance(?)

What is really the difference? Except that if you implement it yourself in Construct you can choose when to show an ad, but with this enhance-thing the ads can show wherever in the app...?
And what is the difference in getting paid, do I get paid from Enhance if I implemented Admob via them? Better/worse?
B
15
S
4
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,148

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Message: FGLmatt can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
paala wrote:@FGLmatt Yes I do understand that you need quality apps. I do believe that my games made for HTML 5 promo are quality ones.
One game was just approved today. Thanks.
But the main problem for me is why I can't submit the list of my 150 games for quality check as HTML5 with 0 work from me and get a list of xxx games OK and maybe some NOT OK. Then I would work on converting those games to apk.
Why do I need to spend 2-3 hours per game to convert in order for you to test for quality?
If the game is NOT ok regarding quality my work is in vane.

Thanks for answering.


Once again, we're not interested in treating this promo as a bounty program as we did for the HTML5 version. In all honesty, we aren't looking for 150 game submissions from a single developer. That tends to suggest your goals don't line up with ours.

Cipriux wrote:@FGLmatt I have a game that is not having many downloads. Is that a game that can be eligible for the $50 promotion?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... terstellar


The amount of installs your app has doesn't affect your eligibility. If you have a few minutes to spare, I'd definitely suggest going through the Enhance process and submitting it.

fredriksthlm wrote:I do not really understand the Enhance-service. If you do nottake the potential 50$ into concideration and just thick of the service itself..

If you do not add Admob, Chartboost or Appodeal in Construct2, just save the project without any ad system. Then compile the apk, and "enhance" it in the enhance service, then you can choose to enable ads in that enhancement. so then you enhance it with Admob for instance(?)

What is really the difference? Except that if you implement it yourself in Construct you can choose when to show an ad, but with this enhance-thing the ads can show wherever in the app...?
And what is the difference in getting paid, do I get paid from Enhance if I implemented Admob via them? Better/worse?


Full disclosure, we currently do not fully support Construct2 yet. Though if you have access to the full source code of your app, then you can absolutely choose when and where to show ads, or log an analytics event. With Enhance, you can setup generic ad placements in your app wherever you want, then you can easily swap single networks, multiple networks, or mediation services into those placements. At that point, you can fully integrate any or all the networks we support into those spots in just a few clicks. We even have a tool that you can mediate the networks directly on our site.

Obviously the easiest way to use Enhance is our zerocode options (pre-roll ads, persistent banners, basic analytics). You don't need to add even a single line of code to get those working in your app in a couple minutes.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests