filechooser and list buttons question

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 am

hello,
1_what should i do to: filechooser opens the file i want in the app, and user go to my main folder (the folder i want) after clicking on it?
2_what should i do to: have my audio files in the list when the app opens, so every audio files i have put in the app be shown there and it doesn't be needed to find them in folders first?
thank you
Last edited by morti on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

no answers...?!!
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:24 am

What platform are you building your app for? The answers you might get would vary depending on the platform... NWJS is quite different to Browser storage, for example.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:20 am

SoldjahBoy wrote:What platform are you building your app for? The answers you might get would vary depending on the platform... NWJS is quite different to Browser storage, for example.

~Sol

thank you for your answer, Im building it for android
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:43 am

Ah, ok... I 99% use only NWJS when I'm playing around with file stuff. I can't help you unfortuntely because I don't have much experience with using browser storage... but I'm certain someone here will know. Maybe @99Instances2Go will have some ideas... that guy seems to know how to do most stuff :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:29 am

SoldjahBoy wrote:Ah, ok... I 99% use only NWJS when I'm playing around with file stuff. I can't help you unfortuntely because I don't have much experience with using browser storage... but I'm certain someone here will know. Maybe @99Instances2Go will have some ideas... that guy seems to know how to do most stuff :D

~Sol

thank you very much :D
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

The 'blob:url' retreived with FileChooser.FileURLAt(Index) is only valid during 'this session'.

The next session the same file will have a different 'blob:url'.
In other words : it is a temporal value, only valid during 'this' session.

Hence, even if you store it in the Local Storage, it has no meaning the next session.
I dont think that Scirra will ever release something/anything that could be a security treat in any means.

I suppose there are plugins (In Cordova package, Phonegap package, packages like those, dont know how many there are) to list user files on mobile. But i never used those. Sorry.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:06 am

99Instances2Go wrote:The 'blob:url' retreived with FileChooser.FileURLAt(Index) is only valid during 'this session'.

The next session the same file will have a different 'blob:url'.
In other words : it is a temporal value, only valid during 'this' session.

Hence, even if you store it in the Local Storage, it has no meaning the next session.
I dont think that Scirra will ever release something/anything that could be a security treat in any means.

I suppose there are plugins (In Cordova package, Phonegap package, packages like those, dont know how many there are) to list user files on mobile. But i never used those. Sorry.

thank you very much. goodluck... :D
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:45 pm

hi everybody, can i have all my audio files in a list when the app starts? and they can be played when i touch them?
and what can i choose instead of filechooser? thank you
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:32 am

Any answers...?!
Sorry my English is not very good friends
and (as i said) i need file chooser plugin to open the folder i want, not the 0 and emulated folder in android (emulated= the first folder you have to start searching from in android), the user need to search for the audio folder manually currently , i need it to automatically open the folder i want (the app audio folder or any other folder it can be)
thank you very much
B
S

Return to How do I....?