FILESHACK.US...WHERES IT GONE

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • Has anyone noticed that fileshack.us has vanished...links to or something...anyone know any info about this? Kinda worried I think I hosted some files on fileshack.us :/

• They probably Hacked it or something like that, notice the http://www.ioj.com/# at every link...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I really hope it's just them getting hacked, because I'd hate for Fileshack to go away. It's one of the best file hositing sites out there.

• Looks to me like the company got sold... But i cant be sure.

• Yeah, I noticed this last night. I just assumed they'd either changed their name to ioj and went with a new format, or got bought out by someone, or something like that.

Either way, I won't be using ioj. Looks like it's willhostforfood for me.

Edit:

Oh great, it looks like files that were hosted on fileshack previously are now just gone, or at least the links no longer work. Thanks a lot, ioj

• Eh, I don't like those hosting files much anyway. I'm sure most ISPs still give you free FTP space (I use mine regularly). If it still holds true it must be the best kept secret on the internet, given the prevalence of these fairly rubbish hosting sites. If you host your file on your ISP FTP you get:

• Actually get the file when you click on it (none of this "We're just loading your file at the moment (ahem look at the adverts ahem)" rubbish
    • Doesn't change page when you click the link
    • Faster
    • No ads
    • No "sorry but your file expired" when you need to check out an old bug report .cap
    • Both options are still free

So from my point of view, one site down, only a bunch more to go...

• Eh, I don't like those hosting files much anyway. I'm sure most ISPs still give you free FTP space (I use mine regularly).

Yeah but that requires effort to set up.

But you've convinced me to stop being lazy. I've spent the last 45 minutes calling Comcast and setting up my personal file storage. We'll see if it works here in a minute...

Edit:

What was I thinking? Of course it doesn't work... it's Comcast. The only way I'm able to upload anything it with their stupid web uploader which is slow as hell, has an 8mb limit, and doesn't even give me a direct link to the files (that I can see anyway). And FileZilla is giving me error #553 "Permission denied" when I try to upload with that.

Lame.

Edit 2:

I HATE COMCAST

I now have a ticket open with Tier 2 support to find out what's wrong, and I should hear back from them in 48 friggin hours. It's been almost two hours struggling with this stupid thing and talking with techs that don't know their asses from their elbows.

This is why I use file storage sites and gmail

/rant

• Well fileshack.us, unlike all the others, didn't have many ads on it and you simply clicked the link, click the huge download button, and it downloaded, none of that 'processing download' or 'please wait 60 seconds or buy a gold membership!'

• I know ads suck, but FileDen is pretty good. Direct linking and everything... only catch is you have to log in at least once every 30 days to keep your files (they email you a reminder though which is good) and if you don't log in BEFORE recieving the reminder then you have to look at like 3-4 ads to get into your account.

If you access it all the time like me, then you never get bugged.

http://www.fileden.com

~Sol

• These things still rely on showing you ads, which is annoying. My FTP is set up in My Network Places, so I can just copy+paste a file on to my FTP in windows explorer. I think that's even easier...

• These things still rely on showing you ads, which is annoying. My FTP is set up in My Network Places, so I can just copy+paste a file on to my FTP in windows explorer. I think that's even easier...

Yeah it's definately the way to go if your ISP gives you a descent amount of space and bandwidth. I think I have like 100Mb whoopie-doo!

At least FileDen doesn't require that the person downloading the file to view ads etc.

Oh and also, FileFront... how could I forget that? FileFront is great... No ads, heaps of storage and bandwidth... just a tad slowish, but hell it scores big on the things that really count.

~Sol

• I didn't particularly like offsite hosting either.. perhaps someone/we at some point could set up a game hosting service; all examples should be on here already .

• I've tried IOJ and it's GREAT! You can right klick a file and select "upload to IOJ" and just get a link, and when you press printscreen you can use a selection box to choose a specific part of the screen, and again you just wait a few seconds and get the link!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)