Final Contact Space Fighter Game

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Pretty good, if you like this sort of thing, few things I noticed

Against the smooth scrolling and slick HUD the enemy movement seems very clunky and gives them a cardboard cut out look, I think it may be due to using sprite animation rather than rotation for their movement...

Also the enemy just appear right in front of you rather than see them in the distance...gives a very cramped feel in a vast universe

Collision detection was a tad iffy and something that would probably bother Sci fi game fans (Your audience), is your shots hit exactly in the centre of the reticule, irrespective of movement, where in reality you would need to take the time for the shot to travel into consideration...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Oh forgot to add, pressing fire sends my browser screen skywards, not good as I could not see my enemy position indicators...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks for the Feedback. Appreciate your perspective.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 12:40 am

In terms of polish and quality, I think it's excellent. Really nice and professionally done. My worry is that the game is slightly complicated and it's kind of hard to know what's going on - or at least, I had no idea where the enemies were and just spun around looking for them. There are probably instructions but most people refuse to read them and expect the game to be intuitive and instantly accessible. So if you stick your game on Kongregate/Newgrounds etc, my guess is that you'll receive a lot of hate votes from people who couldn't be bothered working out how it works... as I found out to my cost with a recent game.

But personally I think it's very good and if you market it well and ignore the haters (like I didn't :p ) then I see no reason why it can't do well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 am

That's some really impressive use of C2. I concur with others who say it looks pretty polished. I did pick up on the arrow indicators showing where enemy craft are.

I though the controls felt a bit sluggish, like some of the particularly ponderous craft from WC. For me, it seemed a bit frustrating, like I had to fight to move through molasses.

Technically, very cool. I'd love to see a bit of a behind-the-scenes dev insight, if you ever have the time or inclination.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations