Finger neurosis

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:51 pm

*update* is now also available in google store

Hi there,

Been some time since I posted, several changes RL demanding to spent my time elsewhere.
But last couple days had this quirky idea for a game and whiffed up a bit of a demo and placed it in my dropbox to get some feedback:

Finger neurosis

Its a bit of a connect the dots game, not really sure of the name either but alas.
No highscores for this, I had intended a version for the arcade, but sadly there has been no improvement on scirras end for the arcade it seems.

All ages game.

Looking for some feedback on the game play.

General idea of play:
Connect the green spheres by holding down mouse or touch as you slide over them.
Connect the last connection to the first connection and let go. (making a full circle connection)
Length of connections and amount of connections determine score.
Last edited by lennaert on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:17 pm

This is actually rather neat. With some graphical polish and toned down sounds it could be a rather nice tablet game. I suspect a clean "flat" look, like 100 or threes might work wonders.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Somebody wrote:This is actually rather neat. With some graphical polish and toned down sounds it could be a rather nice tablet game. I suspect a clean "flat" look, like 100 or threes might work wonders.

I am unfamiliar with 100 or threes. Can you link me some examples ?

Thanks for the feedback.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 am

Wow - great game!

I actually got a bit excited for you and whipped up some flat UI...

Though in some juicy tweening, some fades, a slow motion effect on the game over screen and some subtle sounds and you're onto a winner!

I'd love to help you out on this one (no fee) - if you like what you've seen hit me up :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:39 am

Nicely done, @Elliott, pleasant colors, clean look.

@lennaert Elliott has got the look down nicely. Perhaps with a inverted "day" theme - that could actually use colors very similar to these here on the forum and look pleasant.

Now you just need to throw in some weird multi-touch features for the later levels to surprise the players. Also I kept on feeling like "trapping" the bad dots should do something... destroy them, give a bonus perhaps?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:06 am

@Elliot, that looks pretty sweet and I would definately be interrested.
Pm me some material/links and I will start implementing things and relay with you in pm.

@Somebody
I agree on the look/style, looks promising.
The multi touch concept is good, come to think of it, it might need some prevention in the first place :)

I had thought about trapping the reds, but my math skills fail me there, I could attempt poking @r0j0hound for some of his geniuosness ;)

Thanks so far
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:25 pm

@lennaert
There's an example of finding if an object is inside a polygon here:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=94377&p=732709&hilit=point+in+polygon#p732709
Events 7-9 are the relevant ones to pick the inside objects.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:42 pm

@R0J0hound wrote:lennaert
There's an example of finding if an object is inside a polygon here:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=94377&p=732709&hilit=point+in+polygon#p732709
Events 7-9 are the relevant ones to pick the inside objects.

Still the same :lol:

I sometimes consider myself skilled with development, but then R0j0hound pops out a wand and totally mesmerizes me with his enchanting coding skills :mrgreen:

Thanks man, from what I can see I should be able to get this implemented :D
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks. That capx mesmerizes me too, since I don't understand all of the equations I used in it. I'd have look up the reference again :). Basically it counts how many times a line starting from the point toward the right cross an edge of the polygon. If it's an odd number of times, it's inside, otherwise it's not.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:00 am

Been tinkering with it @R0j0hound.
It appears as the formula relies on short tiny lines. Where I use single big ones for each connection. As it works now, when I start with the first connection at the top of the screen, and a red is outside the circle of connections, but close to a line (bottom, left, to be precise, but close then the bottom left of a line, it also counts them as 'in'.
I havent uploaded it yet, as I was giving it a day to ponder about it: coming to the conclusion I should just create tiny invisible lines under the bigger ones.

Hope that made some sense, on mobile at work atm.

@Elliott, saw the pm, will get on it when I get home.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests