Finger neurosis

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Wow Lennaert, that's really cool. I would play that. :D Haven't seen you around for a while, good to see you back. I'm still working on the same game... lol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm

It works on any length lines. It just relies on the lines being created in order. Also don't have any other lines off screen. I think I swapped some variable names so it's confusing. You can eliminate the need for variables if you add a imagepoint to the right-center of the line object and do this:
Code: Select all
For each Sprite
For each line
    | compare: line.y>sprite.y != line.ImagePointY(1)>sprite.y
    | sprite: x < (line.ImagePointX(1)-line.x) * (sprite.y-line.y) / (line.ImagePointY(1)-line.y) + line.x
    -----
        + Sprite: set animation frame to 1-Sprite.AnimationFrame
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Burvey wrote:Wow Lennaert, that's really cool. I would play that. :D Haven't seen you around for a while, good to see you back. I'm still working on the same game... lol

Hey @Burvey, thanks, it is good to be busy again :P
And you are still on the same game, must have gotten quite far already :D

@R0J0hound wrote:It works on any length lines. It just relies on the lines being created in order. Also don't have any other lines off screen. I think I swapped some variable names so it's confusing. You can eliminate the need for variables if you add a imagepoint to the right-center of the line object and do this:
Code: Select all
For each Sprite
For each line
    | compare: line.y>sprite.y != line.ImagePointY(1)>sprite.y
    | sprite: x < (line.ImagePointX(1)-line.x) * (sprite.y-line.y) / (line.ImagePointY(1)-line.y) + line.x
    -----
        + Sprite: set animation frame to 1-Sprite.AnimationFrame

That is perfect :D with the above code it worked out of the box.

I had an issue where the destruction of the lines occurred too quick, and I did not notice the last line extending to 0,0 , fixed that.
But it still had the issue where it also selected the sphere to its bottom left if it was really close to the line, I changed to your code above and it seems to work instantly.

Very much appreciated, R0j0hound !

progress
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

I made some progress with the game.

I have it in the google store, you can find it here: Finger neurosis in the google play store.

I am not fond of the way google game services needs to login.
The high scores work, I should look into more fancy leaderboards, though.
Been wrestling with some of those achievements, but that is for a later update.

I used intel xdk with the cordova material.
I wanted to try the ios export, sadly my developer license expired, lol, should look into renewing.
I got an win8 app working too, just need a license for the windows store too ... should also not take too long :P

There is a banner at the bottom.
I had been pondering making it a paid version, but I'll see ...

I am sure the audio and the styling could do with some improvement, but I wanted to get things going.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:33 pm

woowww its nice , good work man :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests