Firefox crashes on preview with Release 139

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Steps to reproduce:
1. Paste url for Contruct 2 preview
2. Enter

Observed result:
Firefox shows me "Contruct 2 preview" in the tab title and immediately crashes.

Expected result:
Preview works perfectly fine in Chrome. This is my first time using preview in FF as I wanted to check CSS via Firebug. I don't know if this would have happened before today's release.

Browsers affected:
Chrome: no, version 28.0.1500.72 m
Firefox: yes, version 22.0
Internet Explorer: unknown

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7

Construct 2 version: Release 139 (64-bit)
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:14 pm

[QUOTE=devaldivia] Steps to reproduce:
1. Paste url for Contruct 2 preview
2. Enter

Observed result:
Firefox shows me "Contruct 2 preview" in the tab title and immediately crashes.

Expected result:
Preview works perfectly fine in Chrome. This is my first time using preview in FF as I wanted to check CSS via Firebug. I don't know if this would have happened before today's release.

Browsers affected:
Chrome: no, version 28.0.1500.72 m
Firefox: yes, version 22.0
Internet Explorer: unknown

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7

Construct 2 version: Release 139 (64-bit)[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by paste url? hit the test button,
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Have you tried Firefox Nightly? Are your graphics card drivers up to date? It's not normally possible for a web page to crash a browser, so I think this is more likely a Firefox or driver issue than a Construct 2 bug.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 pm

@Ashley- yes, I've tried normal FF and also Nightly. My graphic card drivers are also up to date.

@GeneratorX- I have my default system browser as Chrome.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:29 pm

oh, and I can navigate to other pages on FF just fine.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:37 pm

[QUOTE=devaldivia] @Ashley- yes, I've tried normal FF and also Nightly. My graphic card drivers are also up to date.

@GeneratorX- I have my default system browser as Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Right Im a bit confused lol

do you mean when you test your game straight from c2?

or showing your preview online?

click your project and manually choose firefox-

-as your browser GeneratorX2013-07-17 23:39:50
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:45 pm

no worries :)

It happens both when I navigate to my LAN preview address or to my localhost address. I just upgraded to the Personal edition today and I noticed I didn't like the CSS so I wanted to look at it in Firebug.

From within C2, if I change my Preview Browser to FF, FF also crashes immediately when I click the Run Layout button in the top menu.

In fact, I wanted to make sure it had nothing to do with my project so I just tried it with both a completely empty .capx and with a .capx that only had 1 button and it crashed in FF all cases.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 pm

[QUOTE=devaldivia] no worries :)

It happens both when I navigate to my LAN preview address or to my localhost address. I just upgraded to the Personal edition today and I noticed I didn't like the CSS so I wanted to look at it in Firebug.

From within C2, if I change my Preview Browser to FF, FF also crashes immediately when I click the Run Layout button in the top menu.

In fact, I wanted to make sure it had nothing to do with my project so I just tried it with both a completely empty .capx and with a .capx that only had 1 button and it crashed in FF all cases.[/QUOTE]

Ohh, remember if its a new install of firefox, then install flash & java (with plugins) for the browser
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 am

[QUOTE=GeneratorX]Ohh, remember if its a new install of firefox, then install flash & java (with plugins) for the browser[/QUOTE]

Shoot! I thought you might be right, so I updated my Flash & Java, got the confirmation page on java test site, restarted. And still no luck :(
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:06 am

Just for reference:

I've always used Firefox (currently 22.0) and do not have Flash or Java installed - they are not needed to run a preview from C2 - and it works fine for me with all C2 builds up to and including the latest stable build r139.

What operating system are you using? Does it crash Internet Explorer?

I would suggest that something on your system is blocking this from working.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Closed bugs