firey explosions generator

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
200+ Unique, Single-Frame Explosion sprites! This is the ultimate explosion sprite bundle!
  • im not gonna upload the cap for this because im using it in a serious project and i dont want other ppl using it, and it becoming cliche. its pretty simple to make and I KNOW ppl who want quick good looking explosions will use it (see metal slug explosion lol), use it as inspiration. its pretty complicated in some respects and im not sure how much of a gpu whore it is, doesnt seem too bad atm. click to create explosions.

its meant for 60 htz screens, so it might looks weird on anything else, as the timing is non delta.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0aa4 ... b9ebfa7050

• does look interesting. about how many lines of code is it?

• you know you can upload stuff in this forum you don't have to use mediafire, it's pretty nice though

• i think it was over the size limit anyways, and its about 16 events, but thats just cause of the way they spawn particles, the bouncing ball movement is quite useful for making trailers, like the ones seen here

• Here's a couple more explosion generators:

http://www.geocities.com/starlinesinc/

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=211466

Nice find man! I had verison 1 of this program, didn't know version 2 was even out

Awesome!

~Sol

• Nice effect! Can we see the cap, I'm curious to how you got such a cartoony cell shaded look to the effect.

I think you can achieve everything in that Explogen program if you just use an animated sprites and generate about 200 of them..looks like simple kind of fireworks physics...the 'fussy' modes look like they are just 'additive'.

Particle object clearly needs an 'initial speed randomization' and perhaps a mode to render each particle with additive (achieved with render states, so no slowdown)

• Explogen can not export as PNG with semi transparency

Unless i am wrong and haven't found that feature of course

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm... if the image manipulator object had "Copy to canvas" and "Copy from canvas" then we could make effects generators in Construct that export a series of .pngs with transparency...

And they'd be fifty bazoolian times better than Explogen because you'd have all the mighty power of Construct at your disposal.

• Hmm... if the image manipulator object had "Copy to canvas" and "Copy from canvas" then we could make effects generators in Construct that export a series of .pngs with transparency...

And they'd be fifty bazoolian times better than Explogen because you'd have all the mighty power of Construct at your disposal.

I think deadeye had an extra coffee today... that's a hot idea (no pun intended). I was also thinking of using Construct to make some dreamscenes for Dreamscape... vista ultimate users will know what I'm talking about.

~Sol

• Dreamscene is the devil ... take a peek at the ram usage next time you run one.

• dave ill PM you a cap, i really dont want this method getting out yet, because im using it for a game, and i wanna be recognised for it, when i release the game, or when my intrest in making it dies, ill show everyone who doesnt know how its done.

• dave ill PM you a cap, i really dont want this method getting out yet, because im using it for a game, and i wanna be recognised for it, when i release the game, or when my intrest in making it dies, ill show everyone who doesnt know how its done.

Since you won't share it, I will.

He's using something like this applied to his particles (Plasma + Combine Additive):

• I don't think there's any reason to be paranoid Quazi, I doubt anyone would steal it from you behind your back if you said you were going to use it in your own project.

And if they did, they'd be a big fat jerk

• Dreamscene is the devil ... take a peek at the ram usage next time you run one.

I have 4Gb of DDR2 1066Mhz... An extra 20-30Mb of RAM being used isn't going to phase me lol... but I know what you mean, especially if you only have 1-2Gb of RAM like I did in my previous PC.

D:

deadeye

I totally agree... nobody will steal it unless they are a giant asshat... though I was going to see about adding plasma effects to the particle system on my explosion example... but now it will look like I stole it, so I will leave it as it is.

D:

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)