First Game Completed

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:46 am

It is my first build. Used it as a learning tool to get familiar with using Construct 2.

Free on the arcade: https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/temple-of-the-lost-6287
for people with keyboards...

Hoping it doesn't suck too much for a first attempt. No programming experience, just an old gamer kid from the 80s who misses his C64 and Amiga 500.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi, i like ur game.

Suggestions:
add life.
add sound when pick a jewel.
add Uparrow = Jump.

Anyways, good work.
Cheers.
https://www.facebook.com/TeslaPCgames

https://www.twitter.com/TeslaPCGames

[email protected]

http://www.synergy-studios.net
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Thanks Tesla! It was a fun learning experiment. Thanks for looking!

I did originally have the jump command on the up arrow. Just turned off the jump command when the character was overlapping a ladder and then they could still use the up arrow to climb up as well, but then I discovered that if the character was overlapping a ladder and there was a need to jump to dodge a dart they wouldn't be able to jump and would get hit. So I switched it back to the way it is now.

I toiled with the idea of a life bar too. I figured the little kids in my family who I made it the game for might struggle a bit with getting killed, so I made the game for 'point loss' only where they could compete against each other for a high score - I should add a top ten high score page where players can enter their names. As of right now when ported to Windows the game only remembers the single best high score. It's also only 5 levels, not very long. I think I will go back and make a bigger version and a little harder for older players with the life bar.

My new project I am in the middle has been sucking up a lot of my spare time, top down shooter... maze runner... shotgun armed player... Nazi scum to deal with.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:22 am

FYI - added sound to picking up items.....not sure if I like it though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:33 am

nice
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 am

Design a bit older I find very enjoyable. It's a good job for a first draft!

Just had a small bug with animation of the character when he leaves a ladder.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Nice game especially for a first game. Just a tip, you should limit the score to 0 so it won't go negative and also add life points and fix the animation bugs that sometimes trigger when there is a landing problem during the climbing. But overall, it seems nice.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Very good!
Especially when compared to my first...
"game".
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:01 pm

This was a fun little game :) Music was good and controls were smooth. Good one for a first game! Congrats!
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks for taking a look and the feedback. Looking into fixing the bug a few have reported at the top of the ladders. Spent an hour on that today but wasn't able to isolate the issue. More time to tackle it tomorrow.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations