First Game: Drone [Flying/Action]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Message: Erfeo can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
This is my first game I'm showing off, I'm calling it "Drone" until I come up with a more catchy title.

http://drone.bitballoon.com/

It's a Flying Action game, heavily inspired by Vlambeer's Luftrausers. The objective of the game is to capture all the towers on the level. For now there are 3 levels, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to make more levels or focus on a score attack mode. The third level in this early version should be quite hard and I wouldn't waste too much time trying to beat it.

Future plans:
Difficulty overhaul: Right now, levels can be reasonably hard to beat but losing doesn't happen very often.
Changing the way picking up weapons work: I think picking up missiles is a bit awkward right now so I'm changing that.
Graphics I'm using pretty all placeholder graphics right, same for sounds.
More Enemies/Weapons/Planes

How do you like the controls? I kinda like this simple control scheme but I'm also considering something like an alt-fire or weapon switching mechanic.
Buildings Right now, enemies can shoot and move past buildings but you can't. This is to encourage you to destroy them. In another version I had soldiers who would actually hide inside the buildings, but that was very confusing. Do you like the mechanic or is it just annoying?

Thanks!
Last edited by Erfeo on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Link is not working -
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:31 pm

I've reuploaded it: http://drone.bitballoon.com/

It's really not very good though. Why do you want to play it?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:20 pm

Well i where just looking at your post since it did get that many replys, so i wanted to see the game and graphics regardless :) and well i am kinda a nerd when i comes to broken links etc. Things need to work when they are posted
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Hey, great idea!
i would also like if the drones destroy the solders when they explode over them :)
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests