[FIRST GAME] Reach The Bottom.

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • The gameplay mechanics are simple: Tap to make the miner jump from one rail to the other while avoiding the gears along the way. Initially I wanted to make an 'endless' game but decided along that in development, because there are tons of endless games out there, to instead create a game with a real end and not just a score race.

Basically, the game is one huge streamed level that you must progress through to reach the bottom and see what lies there with change in scenery, graphics and a few 'hidden' easter eggs along the way.

Here's the Google Play Link

Or QR code if you're not reading from your phone:

This is my first game, and since I had absolutely no programming or gamedev experience in the past, it was a real challenge for me (even tough the game mechanics are simple), but it was a really fun ride and I gained a lot of knowledge along the way.

I mainly created it in order to learn and to make the 'foundation' for future games and ideas that I have planned.

I would really love to hear your feedback and criticism especially on:

• Is it too hard or too easy?
    • How is the performance (especially when the bottom ad is loaded. If it causes performance issues I might remove the ad entirely)
    • Do you believe the ads are too intrusive and if so, would you rather have them show up less (like once every 5 game plays) or pay a few cents to remove the ads entirely?
    • On a scale of 1-10 how 'fun' did you think it is?
    • Any improvements that you would like to see.
  • I like it!

• Nice game. Simple and fun. It's lagging on my Xperia L, but it's a weak smartphone, so you should be fine about it I guess. Also, those wheels (I forgot the name) are spawning one above another.

Could I ask you how did you make the loader layout? Because mine just appear after ages, when the game is already fully loaded so it doesn't make any difference.

• Nice game. Simple and fun. It's lagging on my Xperia L, but it's a weak smartphone, so you should be fine about it I guess. Also, those wheels (I forgot the name) are spawning one above another.

Could I ask you how did you make the loader layout? Because mine just appear after ages, when the game is already fully loaded so it doesn't make any difference.

Firstly, thanks for downloading the game. Really appreciate it

1) It's not your phone's fault. I did some poor optimization on images and they were hogging up the memory on phones (around 200mb). I made a lot of performance improvements in the last update and it should really smooth now.

2) Check the attached screenshot on how I made it.

• Can you upload a browser version.

• > Nice game. Simple and fun. It's lagging on my Xperia L, but it's a weak smartphone, so you should be fine about it I guess. Also, those wheels (I forgot the name) are spawning one above another.

>

> Could I ask you how did you make the loader layout? Because mine just appear after ages, when the game is already fully loaded so it doesn't make any difference.

>

Firstly, thanks for downloading the game. Really appreciate it

1) It's not your phone's fault. I did some poor optimization on images and they were hogging up the memory on phones (around 200mb). I made a lot of performance improvements in the last update and it should really smooth now.

2) Check the attached screenshot on how I made it.

That's what I did too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you upload a browser version.

I will in the next days

• Tried the game and it is very well made with good looking art But I didn't have any sounds on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the status bar was not hidden. Did you use crosswalk?

And as said before, set a condition "is not overlapping" when spawning the saw wheels so they don't spawn on each other

• >

> > Nice game. Simple and fun. It's lagging on my Xperia L, but it's a weak smartphone, so you should be fine about it I guess. Also, those wheels (I forgot the name) are spawning one above another.

> >

> > Could I ask you how did you make the loader layout? Because mine just appear after ages, when the game is already fully loaded so it doesn't make any difference.

> >

>

> Firstly, thanks for downloading the game. Really appreciate it

>

> 1) It's not your phone's fault. I did some poor optimization on images and they were hogging up the memory on phones (around 200mb). I made a lot of performance improvements in the last update and it should really smooth now.

>

> 2) Check the attached screenshot on how I made it.

>

That's what I did too.

Try to set property "Preload Sounds" to "No". If it's "Yes", the sounds will be preloaded while C2 loading bar/logo is showing. If it's set to "No", sounds won't be preloaded.

• grigrizljac Thanks. I'll try it.

• cioclod Nice - saw your Reddit post on XDA Developers forum posting... did you get many downloads from the feature? With so many games out there it's really. reallyt hard to get noticed...

Congrats on a nice game.

Also I love your promo images... how did you create such good assets.?

• Tried the game and it is very well made with good looking art But I didn't have any sounds on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the status bar was not hidden. Did you use crosswalk?

And as said before, set a condition "is not overlapping" when spawning the saw wheels so they don't spawn on each other

Hey, thanks for the feedback and for playing the game

Yeah, I built it with crosswarlk, it's strange that the status bar was showing. Maybe it's because you just got an achievement?

• cioclod No, it shows all the time. Tested it again now. The bar is hidden on my games made in XDK so it can't be my phone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)