First Game: "Ronnie the Roadie" (Proof of Concept)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:58 am

VIKINGS wrote:While I'm sure my idea is way far from being the best and most optimal one

But like I said I'm a newb, I'm sure more experienced users can give you better and more complex solutions, probably using arrays and dictionaries(things which I totaly don't understand at the moment).

Don't sell yourself short. That's a clever idea. The concept won't quite work for the game mechanic I am shooting for, but I like the logic behind it.

As for arrays & dictionaries, PM me if the tutorials don't help you out. I'd be glad to discuss what I know of them. Arrays might help build on that concept you suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to share and give input. I appreciate it!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:09 am

You're welcome mate, good luck with your game. I will keep you in mind when I hit a bump with those.:)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Ha! I didn't know about the free sound files zip pack available via Scirra. I just added a couple of them to the game as well as a sound effect I found via SoundBible.com. It's amazing how a few sounds here and there can affect a game. I couldn't stop giggling at the effect when bouncers collide with the player. The celebration music (courtesy of Matt Oglseby) made the end a bit more atmospheric.

If anybody knows Matt, please thank him for me :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests