Flappy Bird clone???

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi everyone! I just released my third game (Flap or Die) on GooglePlay. Ive realized it has some similar elements to the popular game Flappy Bird. I recently became aware that game last week. (No I dont live on a deserted Island)
I want some contructive critisism on my game (its FREE)and your opinion on if it indeed is a Flappy Bird clone. I appreciate all comments and inputs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixlslave.flapordie
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 pm

I've tested it, my feedback:

-The controls are not the same, in flappy bird, each "on touched" make the wings flap ony once, here, it is more like a jetpack joyride controls (keep the touch to fly), I think it is better

-I like the graphics, but the fps were unstable, and I was on a samsung galaxy tab 3

-The splash screen of ludei is not your fault, so I won't comment that

-overall, I liked it but the framerate was a problem

Not a flappy bird clone since it is less about reflexes

Still the same concept though, but you did a fun little game, also I just spotted the upgrades, nice touchAphrodite2014-02-17 18:08:12
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks for the input. I have noticed the occasional drop in framerate but I have not found what is causing it. It started at the end of the development. Could an ad banner cause it? Anyway, thank you for trying it out. I need the feedback.
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations