Flappy Bird template - laggy and choppy on high end machine

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Ashley, Ive only tested it out in Firefox and Opera, did not install Chrome.
I think it has something to do with one of the Windows updates, been reading on other webpages concerning Html5 game development and I have found some posts where people mention similar issues due to updating Windows.

I will keep you all informed how it goes.
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

@Solomon

I had a similar experience recently after a Windows Update.

Microsoft decided I needed an 'Important' update (KB3035583), which after installing, placed an annoying 'Get Windows 10' icon in the notification tray, as well as resetting Automatic Updates to include the Recommended updates (which, after 15 years of updating my company systems I know are pointless). This had the unfortunate effect that when going to shutdown for the night, I found I had 58 updates to install.

After install, my system was a dog. Luckily, I know what I'm doing and managed to get it back to it's previous state.

TL;DR

Don't trust Micrs**t ;/

It is certainly possible an update has caused your system to be 'glitchy'.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm

zenox98 wrote:@Solomon

I had a similar experience recently after a Windows Update.

Microsoft decided I needed an 'Important' update (KB3035583), which after installing, placed an annoying 'Get Windows 10' icon in the notification tray, as well as resetting Automatic Updates to include the Recommended updates (which, after 15 years of updating my company systems I know are pointless). This had the unfortunate effect that when going to shutdown for the night, I found I had 58 updates to install.

After install, my system was a dog. Luckily, I know what I'm doing and managed to get it back to it's previous state.

TL;DR

Don't trust Micrs**t ;/

It is certainly possible an update has caused your system to be 'glitchy'.

Ive tried to uninstall some updates, but there are just too many installed! For the moment I have to roll with my laggy system unfortunately because of work that I have to do, but Ill format my computer as soon as I find a window to do so.

Yep I am almost certain now its because of the updates.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:14 am

A little update on the lag issue. I have installed a new version of Windows 7 64 bit, with no updates, and still I have a lag in the Flappy Bird template.
I managed to make a mockup of my game during the past week and it too lags sometimes.
This saddens me quite a bit, as I dont know what might be the problem this time around, it was not the Windows updates as I thought.
Any other ideas would be welcome.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Solomon,
A couple questions...
Have you tried the template on a different computer, or even a phone?
Is there lag on any C2 games that other people have made?
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't know why you are worried about this. Test your games in Node-webkit for now. Who cares if you cant preview in browser.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:07 pm

@Tekniko not sure it is actually possible to test out of the box with nw.js without a license (I could be wrong about that), with nw.js being a standalone chrome, if said issues affects all browsers on this machine it can be expected than nw.js will also have the same one. (Plus the fact he did not precised that nw.js was his target platform, if the issue occurs for its customers too, well, that is quite important.)

PS: I should really find a way to not repeat nw.js every 3 words.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:09 am

Aphrodite wrote:@Tekniko not sure it is actually possible to test out of the box with nw.js without a license (I could be wrong about that), with nw.js being a standalone chrome, if said issues affects all browsers on this machine it can be expected than nw.js will also have the same one. (Plus the fact he did not precised that nw.js was his target platform, if the issue occurs for its customers too, well, that is quite important.)

PS: I should really find a way to not repeat nw.js every 3 words.

The thing is, this won't have an affect on his player base. We know he is using premade templates, so it's nothing he has personally done. There is obviously an issue with his setup. For now, I would just use NW.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:39 am

Hi, turns out it was a problem with Firefox. Im using opera now after formating and a new install and all seems to work well. At least for now. Thanks for all the input!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Well all is well in Opera until I enter full screen browser mode using F11, then the game starts being choppy. Is it really only me with these problems?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General