Flappy Bird

Discuss new games or share memories of old

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:41 pm

eXtremousZ wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:Because the guy who did Flappy Bird said he was making $50,000 a day from the game...

Yeah, that's right... Everybody wanted money so they just made similar game :)

Not so easy, the creator of flap bird has publish the game 1 year before the game 'explodes' on numerous smarthphones..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:55 pm

I would say youtube reviews caused it:

Game Theory: Flappy Bird, PewDiePie, and Pasta Sauce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXcr6sDRtw

This guy actually points out some interesting things that not only helped flappy bird, but could help everyone here as well. His whole channel is fantastic in my opinion. Give it a watch.
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 pm

flappy bird may be popular but very exaggerated :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:13 am

Naji wrote:I really want to say that Flappy games are everywhere! they are viral! Why they are so popular game type?

I asked this same question a good while back. These mini games bore me if I play for more than a few minutes because you dont really work towards anything but a higher score so I looked into why the heck they get so many installs. Basically lots of the players(but not all of course) that play these are looking for a quick fix to kill a few minutes of boredom in long lines, bus rides, few minutes of spare time and aren't really looking for a profound experience which I complexly understand and have been guilty of myself at times. For developers....they are super quick to make(meer hours for the basic ones) and if it catches on, you can make a killing. Flappy bird not only spread the cloning virus but also started the onslaught of mini games that are masochistic on purpose because the more you die, the more ads show up. Developers like https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... d=Ketchapp and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ps+Pty+Ltd come to mind. Mostly simple games and if you look closely...5-10 million installs on some of those apps. With the ads and in-apps going on...you can imagine why there are so many of these uploaded trying to be the next big thing. Hope I helped.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:32 am

I think the game itself is barely even a game though ^^;

I'm out of words for flappy bird
(oh, it somewhat rhymed, 't was not even my intention though... )
B

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 am

Remove the 'l' form flappy and you know why. It's an infantile joke the simple minded can't resist to download.

"...tis sounds like f***y... must have ... awrgh ... f***y ... "
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 am

Every one thought they can earn millions like the creator..
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 pm

I actually quite like Spikes by Ketchapp, it's a more stylish clone.
I'm a versatile, indie-friendly composer for hire. I've worked on 30 games including Starlight Vega, ToD and the Thorne series.

Visit my site for epic orchestration, blissed out chiptunes, post apocalyptic ambience, futuristic elevator muzak and more!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Discussions