Flickering animations

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] I think this is caused by the Auto-mirror setting. The image is not mirrored until the first time it is used (the first time you move left). [/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why is that? Why not mirror it at the start when it finishes loading?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 am

I am using IE. Yesterday I tried a lot of things to avoid redoing everything. There are only a few things worked for me for sure but maybe you have also other ideas.

1. For static animated objects insert a new event which stops the animation when the object is on screen and start the animation when doing dedicated things with the object. If stoping the animation it uses the first frame to display the object.

2. Another workaround option is to give the object a dedicated time before the animation will start.

Example:
system/every 0.01 seconds/object/move forward 1 pixel
system/time > 3 seconds/object/set animation "default"

3. Define the behavior of the object yourself and bypass the automirror. If using a player char you need than to say what happend if he collide with a obstacle and set the animation yourself. This means you also need to define which direction he will go if collide with an obstacle you also need to mirror the animation frames in the animation editor yourself and make a new animation which says for example "walkleft" or "walkright". You need then to set the animations for all directions your object move or collide with an obstacle.

I dont know if it will be possible to have a action which switch on/off the automirror. My guess is this could solve the problem because you can use it then quite easily.

Stormskull2011-10-14 10:19:18
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:58 pm

[QUOTE=Arima] [QUOTE=Ashley] I think this is caused by the Auto-mirror setting. The image is not mirrored until the first time it is used (the first time you move left). [/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why is that? Why not mirror it at the start when it finishes loading?[/QUOTE]

I was worried that the game could freeze for a long time on startup if you had a lot of objects using auto-mirror or auto-flip. However, I guess it would be better to do all the mirroring and flipping on startup anyway. I'll change that for the next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Sometimes if you have a physics object attached to the player controller it can make it flicker. My animation flickered when I attached physics to the player controller. To stop it I placed physics on the player animation instead. (I pinned the player animation to the controller sprite to avoid collision glitching)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:05 pm

0_0 what the hell are you doing in such an old topic like that? There were probably no physics back then.
HARMLESS SIGNATURE THAT IS VIEWED BY OTHERS AS OFFENSIVE AND CONTROVERSIAL
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?