Floor keeps falling out of the layout?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an alternative to falling shapes, fully documented in comments and video
  • What the title says. I'm making a simple platformer and the floor (a sprite) keeps falling down until it leaves the layout as soon as the game starts. I've already added the Solid and Physics (with Immovable set to Yes) behaviors to it. What is going on here? It feels like I'm missing something really obvious.

• You don't need both the physic and Solid behaviors on the same object.

Just remove the physic behavior, your floor should stick in the layout as supposed to.

Be sure to use a "platform" behavior on your character and all should work as intended.

• You don't need both the physic and Solid behaviors on the same object.

Just remove the physic behavior, your floor should stick in the layout as supposed to.

Be sure to use a "platform" behavior on your character and all should work as intended.

Well, I added Physics because I had this same issue without it, thinking setting Immovable to Yes would fix it, but it didn't. And yes, my character is using the Platform behavior.

• Post the capx then please. (you can upload it to dropbox)

There's no reason why an sprite with only solid behavior shoudl fall over the layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Post the capx then please. (you can upload it to dropbox)

There's no reason why an sprite with only solid behavior shoudl fall over the layout.

mediafire.com

The grass is obviously a placeholder, since this was supposed to be a test to see if the basics were working.

• Uncompressing your zip and opening the caproj raised a check failure that I ignored, and previewing the project launched JS assertion in my FF.

Last time I saw this, the person who was sharing the project had saved different projects under the same .caproj name in the same folder.

This is not really good practice.

As this is only a starting project, i'd recommand you to make a new project, and save as single file for a while (capx).

You can find more about it in the manual entry about saving and sharing projects and also have a look at the best practices for C2.

For now, start over from scratch, add a (little) sprite and set solid behavior to it.

It should stay in position and all should work well.

example capx (make sure to check the example capx in the folder C2\examples too)

Also you may want to follow such tutorials as How to make a platform game or Building a platform game

• Uncompressing your zip and opening the caproj raised a check failure that I ignored, and previewing the project launched JS assertion in my FF.

Last time I saw this, the person who was sharing the project had saved different projects under the same .caproj name in the same folder.

This is not really good practice.

As this is only a starting project, i'd recommand you to make a new project, and save as single file for a while (capx).

You can find more about it in the manual entry about saving and sharing projects and also have a look at the best practices for C2.

For now, start over from scratch, add a (little) sprite and set solid behavior to it.

It should stay in position and all should work well.

example capx (make sure to check the example capx in the folder C2\examples too)

Also you may want to follow such tutorials as How to make a platform game or Building a platform game

Interesting. I started over with a single .capx file, as you suggested, and now it all seems to work flawlessly. C2 did tell me the sprite was very large and may not be supported on all systems when I imported it, but that didn't stop it from working. Thanks for the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)