Fluid Dynamics!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:42 pm

really cool, but doesn't seem to practical for any large scale thing, id love to see how complicated it is to set up tho, because if its really simple thats a big bonus.

decrease the window size, its huge and lags everything, plus the render space isn't even being used

put a tan filter on the mesh distory one and give the layer a colourise, itll look helluva cool (firrre Qzblobs is whatll happen)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 am

Might be uber cool for some background, and effects... o-0 explosions.
Any chance of collision detection?
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 am

new version, twice the resolution on the smoke, and minus the 1024 useless invisible sprites.
and a shrunken window for the quazi's out there with weak graphics cards :)

[url:1euedsvw]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/s/highressmoke.exe[/url:1euedsvw]
[quote="newt":1euedsvw]Might be uber cool for some background, and effects... o-0 explosions.
Any chance of collision detection?[/quote:1euedsvw]
you can put physics particles in the smoke if you want, and have them collision detect. I had another demo doing that.

for each space in the grid, you can retrieve the x and y velocity, and the density of the fluid. you can change any of those things (right clicking is changing velocity, and left clicking is changing density). You can adjust the viscosity to make water, or gelatin. and you can adjust the diffusion rate, which is basically how quickly it dissipates. Not included in the paper is how to add solid obstacles, or change the shape of the boundary. I'll be trying to figure those things out. to make it a fluid that can flow out of a container, or water that can have a surface. Should be pretty damn tough to be honest.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 am

Same here, Lucid... Only the third EXE is running.

Excelent stuff!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:29 am

:shock: Really :shock:
this is great like 8)
All of then are working for me.
I could see this being used in a under water game.
when the player and other object moves it sends this waves in water.
Or a scene in a game were there is a factory and you use this to make smoke is coming out the top of it.
I would like to see it fade after a while that would be nice.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 am

Thats awesome though thinkin how much eventin it takes... So really not so awesome ingame except if someone can think of some great uses. :D

But still :shock: :shock: :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:41 am

I am in love with this.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 pm

:O

Man this runs brilliantly on my computer... what an awesome effect! I like to hold down both the left and right mouse button and send like puffs off smoke into other things haha :D

I wonder if it can be hardware accelerated...like the operation be performed by the GPU instead of the CPU with cuda or something
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:02 am

[quote="David":kgrynh0g]:O

Man this runs brilliantly on my computer... what an awesome effect! I like to hold down both the left and right mouse button and send like puffs off smoke into other things haha :D

I wonder if it can be hardware accelerated...like the operation be performed by the GPU instead of the CPU with cuda or something[/quote:kgrynh0g]

if i recall there are nividia cards doing phys x GPU acceleration for fluids in examples ive seen on the web, and those are 3d! im sure a gpu could blow through this 2d version if someone knew how to program it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok8ThRR-59Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8DgKjJ ... re=related : very similar not sure if CUDA is actual real time for game applications though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYumgkhn8lQ&NR=1: everyones seen this i suppose :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:49 pm

It's really amazing how much power GPU's boast compared to CPU's as pure raw calculating power... I think I need to buy 9600gt or something to use in my Win7 with 4870 together so I can have nice physics in some games
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations