Fly Along measured in meters (Jetpack Joyride)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:03 am

Okay so I have my fly along coming along, no pun intended. I want to have the distance shown measured in meters like how jetpack joyride has it.
If anyone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 am

What have you got at the moment?

I guess you should first decide how many pixels in your game is a meter and then divide the travelled pixels by that..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Hey @LittleStain, I'm using the fly along template they gave me, so the exact layout size and everything. How do I figure out how many pixels in my game is a meter, I mean it doesn't need to be that realistic does it? is this how jetpack joyride does it
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Slicksz wrote:How do I figure out how many pixels in my game is a meter, I mean it doesn't need to be that realistic does it?

Just use an object in game as a reference. You can give a rough size in meters to an object, and just do (Object size in pixels)/(Object size in meters) to give pixels per meter.

For example,
Humans are rarely taller than 2m, so if you have a human character that is 128px tall, you can just say 64px = 1m
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 am

I would make this much simpler and just used time passed as the distance. Why go to the trouble of counting pixels and working out distances when every x seconds you travel 1 meter.

I'm guessing that's how Jetpack Joyride works why make things more complicated than they need to be.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?