Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 am

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oREFEK_kyYo[/tube]

:: Latest version ::
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 am

Lol I love wen his buddy dies, and the A.I is impressive.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm

The graphics and sound are very good, I'm liking the style and especially the little details like pop-up visual cues.

A couple glaring problems I had:

1) The elevator platforms immediately begin to drop (very fast) when you jump. It's very strange and annoying, I've never seen a game that behaved this way.

2) When my red follower died, I had to go all the way back to the beginning of the level to retrieve him. Is this intentional? It was rather frustrating.

I also agree with the earlier poster that the whole "follower" aspect of the game doesn't really make sense, because it doesn't seem to add any value to the gameplay.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am

1 - I was making them work like in Unreal Tournament - I used to make a ton of maps back in the day - I always found it more frustrating waiting for a lift to return - I may add small wait time at the top.

2 - The AI shouldn't ( in the latest version ) do anything to intentionally kill itself, things like spikes/traps I may need to tweak the AI a little - the idea is you're supposed to help the blind red player avoid stuff , get collectibles and open the doors.

It'd be a bit too easy if the red player simply spawned back where you are, though I may add checkpoints at a half-way mark, as going through the whole map again can take some time.

Did you play through the latest version ( Ending in Q ) ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I've only watched the video (and played an earlier version), but I have to say its really inspiring what you are able to pull off in Construct 2. Really makes me want to sit down and get to work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Okay, made some updates.

Red avoids spikes.

More gore.

Slightly improved jumping behaviour for Red.

More lives

level reset on lives reaching 0

WAYPOINTS - if you die, you return to a midpoint if you've passed it.

Third level

http://www.johnnysix.net/games/FollowTheLeader01s/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

Very nice!it could be a great game if you stay focus in the level design.I see a lot of games here with great graphics but lacking in the level design department and mechanics concepts.Until now i liked what i saw, congrats.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 am

Fantastic game! Graphics direction is superb.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:07 am

What sqiddster said. It's awesome. Can't wait to see moar!
- Diji
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks guys! :)

@cesisco Will work on some more puzzly things, the colour coded button thing seems to work okay now, though the conveyors tend to be a little glitchy. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon - am trying to make it as robust as possible, so only the player can kill the characters, not a bug. :D

BTW - while it's still in dev, for those that didn't notice, there is mouse move - right click the blobs to move them around. Left click measures stuff. :D

For those that haven't tried yet - here are some shots of the most recent additions :

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations