following monster ^^

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm

@Kyatric
i don't know any option that add "-" to any file o.o because all the other capx works fine and im using chrome.
i really don't know sometimes when i download capx it comes like the one in the picture named with "cap" with out "x" and it will not work too.. seems ill try to find a way to change these things and finish it.
by the way thanks for the help and informations ^^
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 pm

My file was downloaded here with the .capx~ extension too. In other links with .capxs it worked fine, very odd.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

[QUOTE=zsangerous] @Kyatric
i don't know any option that add "-" to any file o.o because all the other capx works fine and im using chrome.
i really don't know sometimes when i download capx it comes like the one in the picture named with "cap" with out "x" and it will not work too.. seems ill try to find a way to change these things and finish it.
by the way thanks for the help and informations ^^[/QUOTE]

I'd suspect the download error to come from chrome.
I downloaded from the link with FF, and no problem whatsoever.

Also, .cap files are Construct Classic files possibly, and are not compatible with C2.
So if you download a .cap file, you probably got it from the "wrong" forum ^^
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:52 pm

It's working for me, but maybe there are some hidden characters in the URL that kyatric and my OS ignores. I got a new dropbox link and pasted it in, so you might try once more.

MonsterTag.capx

B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm

@kittiewan: generaly, indeed, I tend to ignore invisible characters, and pretend they are not even there.

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 pm

@Kyatric: I used to ignore them too, but right around the time I started hearing the radio signal through my dental fillings I realized that was probably a misguided and possibly dangerous thing to do.

@zsangerous and sheepy: Seriously, there could be characters like a space that don't show up for me but get changed to something else for you (like %20 which gets changed to who knows what. So I made sure the new link is as trimmed as I can get it. What operating system are you using? I'm using Win 7.

BTW, I used Construct 2 R84 for the example.kittiewan2012-04-11 20:08:45
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

@kittiewan
thanks for the idea that you made but ill use it in other way ^^ thanks..(ill use it in another enemy with bullets)

by the way i found a way to do what i want (put an object with a variable has numbers 1-5) so the enemy will start when player collision with object1 and he will move to oject1 then to 2 then to 3.... then stop!
i forgot to say before that the enemy i wanted should stop at a point not sticking on the playing ^^   thanks for the help again ^^

@Kyatric
thanks for the informations ^^
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?