Footsteps

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Hello, I'm building sound design for my game and am trying to get my character to generate footsteps. I have a bunch of 'stepping' sounds but am not sure how to sync them to my characters feet, or even how to make the system randomly pick a sound from a bank of about 10 footstep samples.

Any help would be welcome :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Have your sound play when the frame matching contact with the ground is played. So if in your animation, frame 6 is where your characters foot would hit the ground, play the sound on frame 6.

For randomization, you can use a private variable and use Random(x), with x being the number of sounds you have. Then make an event for each possible variable, and play a different sound.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Fantastic, cheers.

[quote="6Fix":1z8kiywh]Have your sound play when the frame matching contact with the ground is played. So if in your animation, frame 6 is where your characters foot would hit the ground, play the sound on frame 6.

For randomization, you can use a private variable and use Random(x), with x being the number of sounds you have. Then make an event for each possible variable, and play a different sound.[/quote:1z8kiywh]
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic