Just have a couple of minutes so I'll give you some real quick feedback of random thoughts in no particular order:
1) Is that Felix from Wreck-It Ralph? He looks awfully much like him...
2) Please replace the space key with the up arrow. I'm not sure what your thinking on this was but it feels weird to have to go between space and up when jumping and climbing ropes. Up should be up (in my book).
3) There's a weird, like, spongy feeling when colliding with the platforms. The player sticks to them and then falls through.
4) I was totally confused in the beginning, thinking that I couldn't walk through the centre beam, so I didn't even try it. It's because it's exactly the same as the outside beams (which are solid), so I'd recommend changing its look slightly to make it obviously not solid.
5) I like the cheeky death messages. They're to the point and make sense.
6) No death from falling too far? Is this a deliberate choice or did I just not fall far enough?
7) Just an odd thought: if he's going after his lunch, why is he not satisfied by all the fruit and croissants that I'm gathering on the way?
8) I really like the name, by the way. I don't usually spend much time in this sub-forum but I saw the thread title and immediately was interested. I didn't know what to expect. It's quirky, and it fits the gameplay pretty well.
9) If I die on the poison then the death animation drops me down twice.
10)It seems a bit unfair to not reset the timer upon death, considering that the player has to start all over from the bottom upon death.
11)Oh god, the music. Please make a longer sample, it's painfully repetetive :P
Great work so far. It needs some tweaking but it's set to be a nice little arcade-style game.