[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
forum getting mean to newcomers lately - Scirra Forums

forum getting mean to newcomers lately

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 pm

That may all be true, but the point is to not put on your sassyboots and stomp around the forum. Just keep your cool. If you get upset and can't post without keeping your cool, then let someone else deal with it.

Remember, you're under no obligation to make people see your side of things. If they ignore your cool-headed and logical debate, and persist in arguing about silly stuff, just let it go. It's not like silly stuff is going to get put into Construct because you failed to convince someone that we don't actually need Blast Processing or whatever.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote="deadeye":37utwnep]That may all be true, but the point is to not put on your sassyboots and stomp around the forum. Just keep your cool. If you get upset and can't post without keeping your cool, then let someone else deal with it.

Remember, you're under no obligation to make people see your side of things. If they ignore your cool-headed and logical debate, and persist in arguing about silly stuff, just let it go. It's not like silly stuff is going to get put into Construct because you failed to convince someone that we don't actually need Blast Processing or whatever.[/quote:37utwnep]

yea thats what i at least am gonna do from now on, i have a bad habit of trying to prove im right is all, and that last part made me laugh :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 am

As one of the 'new guys' here (I don't even have 20 posts) I can say that to me, this is a welcoming forum. I haven't seen that many arguments here, and those I have seen, like the recent thread of dread, are still pretty low on the flamewar scale.

There will always be people coming in with little to no experience or misconceptions about certain things. If they're wrong, or you don't agree with them, tell them so in a calm and civil manner. They will either see your point (whether they agree or not), or flip out.

If both parties flip out, it's no longer a discussion, it's a debate. And in a non-scientific debate (i.e. not trying to prove or disprove a scientific theory, but rather trying to impose your own ideas and values onto someone else) no one wins.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 am

as i am also one of the new guys, i agree to inkBot and i am trying to fit in as easliy as possible, honestly i too had misconceptions about construct but Lost My Keys cleared them and then i realized that i was wrong, as a novice without much research i thought construct was a point and click tool, but now i am experimenting more with construct exploring the possibilities.As a new member i will try to be as polite as possible and try not to make people fired up...

As for flamewars we cannot totally stop them, but prevent them if we see that they are going to happen in some thread.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am

I like naked women.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":vp4l8m3a]I like naked women.

~Sol[/quote:vp4l8m3a]

to bad you will never get to see one IRL cause your a permavirgin

haha, owned noob! that's how we treat noobs around here 8)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:30 am

how about when they're not naked?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Being that new-comer I ask for forgiveness for my ignorance and being in this position I honestly forgive all the a-hos if there are any (you know who you are)...love to all for all are love and loved.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 am

[quote="deadeye":353xdwv1][quote="SoldjahBoy":353xdwv1]I like naked women.

~Sol[/quote:353xdwv1]

to bad you will never get to see one IRL cause your a permavirgin

haha, owned noob! that's how we treat noobs around here 8)[/quote:353xdwv1]

What are you talking about? I see you naked all the tim... oh wait O.o

@Madster

No

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 pm

hello, like the most famous expression we often said in french "Faite pas la guerre, faite l'amour".
B
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic